SSME ENDURO

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
brady

SSME ENDURO

Post by brady »

Lets keep it all here guys for your teams,rules etc.Thanks Brad.

EDIT: As I don't think Brad will Mind, :D I have 'Edited' this 'Original' Post, to LIST (as suggested by Neil :) )

The TEAMS / DRIVERS etc, still wishing to attend (or Known to Be) :)

Confirmed;

1 - FASTUFF			-  Mark Fox & Stewart Amos
2 - DBO				-  Peter Daniels & Neil Bolton
3 - Ric's Raiders		-  Steve King, Darryl Toole & Kevin Sherwood
4 - RAZ				-  Ron Griffin, Ando' & Ziggy
5 - Team Baxter		-  Wayne & Andrew Baxter
neiljb

Re: SSME ENDURO

Post by neiljb »

Hi Guys,
Great news.
As I said I am in regardless of track, date, number of teams, round robin whatever.
I get the feeling that is most people's attitude. So maybe the way forward is to appoint a dictator to set the rules of engagement.
As it looks like is will be run at Luddenham, as guests, we should follow their lead. However if no one wants the gig. I vote for Fox. As a retired accountant with time on his hands and who did a great job tidying up the Retro rules, he is da man.
BTW. I think we should formally adopt his set of rules for this race. (No real differences to HSC anyway) As there is no F1 involvement for this race, please leave the front wheel dimensions dormant.
So this is my understanding so far
1. SSME
2. Retro CanAm
3. As close to 6 teams as possible. 3 man teams may be preferred. No team turned away so run round robin
4 Sunday?
5. Entry fee/ donation for SSME?
6 Greg Erskine and Neil Bolton team confirmed (we will think of a stupid name for us later)

........ can't think of anything else

Neil.
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Team Raceworld ( Wayne and Cody ) is confirmed , only if run on Sunday as we both work on Sat,Lindsay will be our third driver if needed, we could stop at 1pm for BBQ lunch.
brady

Post by brady »

Hello Gents.The reasons above are why I asked our man on the spot,Ron, for his input but I am not sure if he wants to do this.No problem though,Foxy would be willing and able to do this I'm sure.Sundays are fine Wayne but I dont think it would be possible on their open day because the track is open to the public to hire,which is why I would like to hear from someone from SSME to see what our options are regarding dates.Regards Brad.PS will have a yak about it at HSC Sat night.
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

I'll take a punt and register a team, hoping that Darryl will agree when he returns from o/s.

Team tba
Darryl Tool
Kevin Sherwood
Steve King
Steve King
brady

Post by brady »

Big news expected here shortiy.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi All

The much anticipated and longed for 4 hour Enduro race for Retro CanAm cars at SSME is confirmed and the details are as follows: -
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Date

Sunday; 12 November 2017 - track to open at 9am with race starting at 10am.

Format

4 hours Enduro which means that teams will race over each of the 6 lanes for 40 minutes.

Cars

Car Construction Rules are here: - http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1254

I will be the Scrutineer assisted by Steve King.

Motors will be unmodified Cheetah 2 or Cheetah 4

Cars must be available for scrutiny by 9.45 at latest and will then be impounded until race start unless any remedial work to attain legality is required.

To qualify for entry to the race a car must be fully legal by 9.55

Teams

Teams will consist of a minimum of 2 drivers with a maximum of 4 drivers.

Entry Fee per Team is $50

The maximum number of teams is 8 – any more than 6 teams will necessitate a Round-Robin format.

Procedural Issues

Starting Lane and any byes will be allocated by drawing lots.

If a Round-Robin format is used any car not actually on the track will be impounded and may not be worked on.

Each team driver will drive on each of the 6 lanes for an equal amount of time i.e a 2 man team will have each driver drive each lane for approximately 20 minutes, a 3 man team for approximately 13 minutes and a 4 man team for approximately 10 minutes.

All Team Drivers must drive on each lane (i.e. no 'cherry picking' drivers for lanes.

At the lane change after each bracket there will be a 90 second interval. Cars may be worked on during this period.

Any part of a car may be changed excepting the body and the chassis - if a motor is changed it must be checked by a scrutineer (or my nominee) for legality.

Any car deemed to be damaging the track must be removed and rectified.

All teams must supply a Marshall at a designated position at all time the race is live – this means that a 2 man team will need to get assistance for the driver change-over unless the relieving driver waits for the current driver to take-over his marshaling position.

The designated marshaling spots will be allocated based on the lane being currently driven by a team.

Any Team nominations and changes to be submitted here - first in for team nominations to be accepted - as a sign of commitment I may seek the entry fees (non-refundable) way before the event to solidify the commitment.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think that covers it but if you have any suggestions please feel free to do so and I will take them into consideration (maybe :roll: )

To Date 5 teams have nominated and confirmed.

DBO (Neil Bolton and Peter Daniels)
Ric's Raiders (Steve King, Darryl Toole and Kevin Sherwood)
FASTUFF (Mark Fox and Stoo Amos)
RAZ (Ron Griffin, Ando and Ziggy)
Baxter and Baxter (Wayne Baxter and Andrew Baxter)

A big Thanks to Ron G for supporting this venture and allowing the SSME Track as a venue for what should be a great day of racing
Last edited by Mark Fox on Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Looks good Mark.

How will you 'police' the driving time of each driver?
Is it really necessary to have all drivers, drive all lanes?

I can help with scrutineering if you like.
Steve King
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

SlotBaker wrote:I can help with scrutineering if you like.
Thanks Steve - I will take up your offer for that role
SlotBaker wrote:How will you 'police' the driving time of each driver?
It won't be policed as such - a little bit of self policing mixed with a little bit of 'honorable' behavior should do the trick - its not a big deal if teams fudge it a bit for whatever reason.
SlotBaker wrote:Is it really necessary to have all drivers, drive all lanes?
That seemed to be the consensus of opinion among the drivers when we were kicking the idea around - also see above

The idea is to have a little fun and give the CanAm cars a good shake out.
Regards - Mark 8-)

neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Thanks Mark
Sounds great
See you on the day
Neil
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Hi Gang,
We may have a timing issue with the 4 hour at SSME.
The NSW State Titles are on the same weekend. I know not everyone races Retro and Wing Cars, but it might affect attendance at both events.
Neil.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

We now have 8 teams for the SSME Enduro following the nomination of Baxter and Baxter and so the field is full with 8 teams going Round-Robin.

If any of the nominated teams are pulling out please let me know ASAP.

Race World (Wayne B and Cody B)
Ebo (Neil Bolton and Gregg Erskine)
Ric's Raiders (Steve King, Darryl Toole and Kevin Sherwood)
FASTUFF (Mark Fox and Stoo Amos)
Brad Yarrow Team
RAZ (Ron Griffin, Ando and Ziggy)
Southern Racing (Paul Ring, Bill Wall and TBA)
Baxter and Baxter (Wayne Baxter and Andrew Baxter)
neiljb wrote:The NSW State Titles are on the same weekend. I know not everyone races Retro and Wing Cars, but it might affect attendance at both events
The only Wing Car drivers that I know of in the above mix would be the Brambles and given Wayne has already retired from Wings and has definitely nominated for this race I don't think it is an issue.

Again if any team wants to pull out let us know on this tread or PM me.
Regards - Mark 8-)

ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Wing cars WHAT are they, Cody and Dad will be at SSME, Are we racin 45 min heats???
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

ozproducts wrote:Are we racin 45 min heats???
See above
Mark Fox wrote:Format

4 hours Enduro which means that teams will race over each of the 6 lanes for 40 minutes.
See ya there.
Regards - Mark 8-)

Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

'Southern Racing' has pulled out of this event.

This means a spot is open for another team.

Please nominate if you want to join the fun - first in gets the spot.
Regards - Mark 8-)