Stay safe

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
brady

Stay safe

Post by brady »

Hello Gents.I hope theres someone still taking a peek at the forum to read this.Just wanted you to know I hope all the Brothers and there families are staying safe and healthy.When this bloody thing is over I want us all to gather for a bloody great Enduro to celebrate.Good luck and well being to racers all around the world and may our sport come out stronger on the other side.. Many Regards Brad.
brady

Re: Stay safe

Post by brady »

I would love you all to come on here and talk old times and about whats to come from all around the country no matter what type of car floats your boat.Thanks.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Brad

Count me in and thanks for reaching out.

Times like these we remember our friends and family with great affection and hope (some pray but I just hope which is my prayer format I guess) that we all stay safe and get to celebrate our good fortune at the other side..

Take care Brad and all my mates and it sounds like we are off to Brad's place (or some other neutral territory) to talk shit and give each other a (manly) hug.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
dtslot

Post by dtslot »

Hi all, hope all are doing ok,,,,bit of a worry as most of us are getting to the pointy end of life,,,,amazing how fast things are changing,,,,,hope the recovery period to normal,,as we know it,,comes as fast as it has gone !! DARRYL
brady

Post by brady »

Hey Guys.Great to get a response.Thought the old forum had become extinct.Been thinking of James and H.S.C. a bit lately.I rang him a week ago just to say thanks and so on.Dont think he will continue much longer.
When this shit is over Mark we need to organise a big one at H.S.C. if possible,or S.S.M.E. I think your organisational skills would come to the fore here.
Great to hear from you Big D,hope your hangin in there mate.
Im sure MARK and DARRYL would luv to answer any questions about setting up your cars guys,so lets hear from you all.Spread the word.We all love talking this stuff.Regards Brad.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Brad

Hope you read about the big day that me and Stoo and the big 'D' AKA FAT Racing (Fox Amos Toole) Racing kicked the butts of the model car dudes - it was legend mate :lol:

Hope see you soon Bro
Regards - Mark 8-)

SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Hi chaps, I keep checking in here regularly, stalking you guys having all the fun.

Certainly are strange times we're all suffering through, and like you Brad, I've been thinking about James and the crap time he's having. :(

It would be great to catch up with everyone once this thing is over, but I fear it might not be at HSC...
If it is, then it has to be a memorable one.

Hope all you guys stay healthy.
Steve King
brady

Post by brady »

Hi Steve.Long time no see.Hope your doing well.
Mark,is that the Porsche cup you were talking about or another event?I'm glad the decision was made to move away from the previous cars to bodies & chassis that make sense.I think a lot of people were disadvantaged because of those bloody bodies.
Did you study my post in GD about changing all Flexi racing to sealed motors.I thought it made sense in these times anyhow.
Anyhow,check in again tomorrw.BRAD.
brady

Post by brady »

My wife just told me that JAMES posted on Facebook that he is closing down and wont be reopening.Hope you get through it alright mate.BRAD.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Hi Brad,

Great to hear from you !!!

Have been meaning to reply but have been busy doing my Annual Architecture Awards Judging via tele Conferencing !!,.. so have been rather busy.

As far as HSC and James' 'post' on Facebook, it says;
Due to the Covid 19 Government Directive, HSC will be closed until further notice.
So whilst Not good, may not be As bad as NOT Re-Opening.

I also received a similar notification from Ron at SSME;
Unfortunately following further investigation and information to hand with respect to the Prime Ministers announcement last evening the Model Park is CLOSED until further notice. Please disregard my earlier email.

The rationale for the change of position is as a result of concerns which have been raised that it may no longer be legal to operate the Model Park as we are considered to fall within the ‘Leisure and Recreation’ category, whilst the current restrictions are in force.
Sad & possibly dangerous times :(
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Brad
brady wrote:Mark,is that the Porsche cup you were talking about or another event?
Yep the 'Lexan Shootout' at HSC where we won the 6 Hour PC Enduro - see here and also follow the link to the Model Car Forum for more pics and my quick race report and pics.

It was the first win by locals in this event so we were totally stoked.

http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1559
brady wrote:I'm glad the decision was made to move away from the previous cars to bodies & chassis that make sense.I think a lot of people were disadvantaged because of those bloody bodies.
I guess you are talking about the Scaleauto hard body cars here? I hated them!!!
brady wrote:Did you study my post in GD about changing all Flexi racing to sealed motors.I thought it made sense in these times anyhow.
Yeah I saw that and agree. I only race the GT1 and that is only due to the SRC series.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

brady

Post by brady »

Hi STOO.Good to hear from you.
You know Mark,its about bloody time the locals won that enduro weekend.Well done to the three of you.Getting done on our home track wasnt good eh.Its a good concept you have got there now,I hope it can continue.I reckon the old Can-Am would be the best bet for an 8hr enduro.
Shame about SSME having to have a rest for a while but while the world is covered in shit we all have to change a bit I suppose.
Cant help thinking about my time at HSC.Man we had some fantastic racing over the years.When James took over he really did take the place to the next level I think.All the up to date gear and best of all,the Difalco controller.The GT1 concept was a ball of fun with the early Falcon motor.I had a go at everything from Womps to Utes and S16D to Wing Cars,Plaffits and the good ole Retros man.My favorites still remain the Supers with Ford bodies,they were incredible things to race and naturally,the grand ole Can-Am Retro.
Anyhow,hope we can continue talking while in lockdown and hope to hear from every racer in the bloody country.Remember,dont cough or sneeze at the supermarket and may your toilet roll supply never diminish.BRAD.
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Thanks Guys
After being very busy with my new job and not having much time to race, I find myself with lots of time and nowhere to race. Painted bodies, glued and trued tyres and rebuilt motors.
I must be the only one who likes to build motors.
Looking forward to racing again when all this is over.
Neil
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey guys,.. perhaps This Might be Fun !!??,.. ;) :D
http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1565
:)
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Hi Guys

Hope you are all surviving in these crazy times.Hope we can get back to racing soon.
We all should be fast with all this time to build and rebuild cars.

See you all soon

Wayne W