SSME Enduro 15 September 2019

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
Casey

SSME Enduro 15 September 2019

Post by Casey »

Guys the last round of retro enduro is on September the 15th its a Sunday we need to place nominations for the day to get an idea on numbers, I'm not 100% on starting times its normally around 11am. you may be aware James has pulled the pin on enduro's because of poor turn outs so this round will most likely be the last Retro Enduro that everyone wanted but dont show up for so let start Nomimations. PLEASE DON"T PUT YOUR NAMES DOWN THAN PULL OUT ON THE DAY BECAUSE YOU HAVE A SORE FINGER OR SOMETHING STUPID

1. Shake and Bake (Casey and Shalin)
2. Gangster Racing (Jason and Chris)
3. Team Baxter (Wayne and Andrew)
4. SSME 1 (Kenny and Warren)
5. Fig Jam (Ron and Daniel/Anthony)
6. Team BS (Brad and Stoo)
Ron Griffin

Re: SSME Enduro 15 September 2019

Post by Ron Griffin »

Date
Sunday 15 September 2019.
Track open 8.00am.
Racing start 10.30am.

Format
40 mins per lane.
All drivers drive all lanes equally.

Cars
Retro CanAm Construction Rules- http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1254

Teams
Minimum of 2 drivers with maximum 4 drivers.
Entry Fee per team $50.

Teams must suppy a marshall.
Track call at 20 mins for driver change.
There will be a break at the end of the 3rd bracket for food, smoke or medication.
Food will be available
Last edited by Ron Griffin on Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

Kenny Fackler and who ever wants to drive with me .
The worst day of Slot Car racing still beats the best day at work .
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Casey,.. thanks for starting / addressing the Preamble regarding this upcoming Event.
It was only the other day I was thinking of doing the same ;) :)

BUT,.. I was NOT aware that James Had 'Pullled the Plug' on future Retro Enduro events at HSC, although a perhaps Not so surprising situation/Outcome, to have 'developed' from the arguably Poor Attendance, mostly but especially more recently !!

Perhaps All the More Disappointing, (as you also so succinctly point out), considering all the 'Talk' and suggestions by various Racers, regarding their 'Wish' to Attend and Compete/Run in ENDURO events of this nature.

Enduros, (as Mark, myself and Other Older racers have often stated), are a Great Way to Learn and 'Hone' one's Driving by getting a level of RACING 'Track Time' Not normally available in the rather sadly 'Short' 2 Minute bracket Sprint race rounds run at HSC.

As you yourself 'suggested' at the Previous HSC Enduro, it is WHY both yourself and Shalin committed to running the Enduro's,.. to get More Effective 'Track Time' on the Small Track,.... so as to 'learn' IT and (hopefully,..lol), get Better at driving it !!!

I think this was actually visible and Provable with Both your own and Shalin's performance, last time out, as Especially Shalin, was Seemingly beginning to even Enjoy driving towards the end of the event and Both your times and totals were improving,.. as too were both Jason and Ron's !! (although I could perhaps suggest that Ron is often too Courteous :) on track to his own disadvantage !!,..LOL).

Whilst Mark and Myself May have done a lot of Winning,.. (which as I am sure Mark will only too happily agree) :),.. IS The Whole/Main Idea,.. it IS in reality the Actual 'Competing' and Racing that We both Really Enjoy and a Closer 'Hard Fought' Win, is All the more enjoyable (AND Desirable!!), than a 'White-Wash',.. Walk-Over as such !!

As an Aside, when Mark, Wayne Bramble and myself were teenagers and beginning to take this Slot Car racing 'lark' somewhat seriously, We (along with Lindsay Byron), decided to form a 'Team' and race in the "Teams Enduro" series that was a hard Fought and long standing annual 'fixture' of the NSWMRRA's racing calendar back in the day.

These events Were invariably Well attended, usually 7 to 8 Teams of 4 drivers and the races were 8 Hour events, held at all the Usual higher profile tracks of the day and the other 'Teams', were made up of ALL of what were the Best Much Older and Far More experienced "Older Dude" racers of that time, who really knew what they were doing and realistically Drove damn well and were both Fast and reliable.

In all Honesty and reality, there was (in Effect) almost NO Way,.. that we, (as young 'Green-Horns'), were EVER going to Win or even get a Podium place,.. as the overall competition was SO Strong and those guys took the Enduro's Very Seriously !!!

BUT,.. it really gave us 4 youngsters a Great chance to Drive with and against some of the Best Older drivers of the day (something that did Not often happen in the Sprint race series of the time) and allowed us to get Inordinate Racing Track Time on the various tracks we raced on AND to learn from and interact with them and to gain Invaluable experience in Car Setup and Motor building etc, which in Hindsight we were 'All the Better for' in the ensuing Years !!

I think Mark, myself and Wayne really DID truly enjoy racing in those Enduro's and I for one would Always be happy to continue to compete in Enduro style events !!

As Enduro's were Also a 'Feature' of SSME's long distant past (there being a couple of 24 hour events I have raced in, when in my Teens), as well as a number of more recent shorter events, it would be Great if that 'Tradition' could continue at SSME in the future !!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

OH !! and,.. as My normal Team Mate Mark is and Will still be Overseas at the time of this Event,.. I too am available as a Driver,.. Team mate / Whatever ;) ;) :D

Surely,.. especially considering their more recent 'Form', the Baxter's would have to be a slightly More than merely 'theoretical' Team/Entrant !!??

There MUST be Others !!! :)
Casey

Post by Casey »

Thanks Stoo
Yes the enduro did help alot on the small track for us at hornsby, but its looking pretty bad for the next round so far.'
Casey
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

:( :(
Gee Not much response to this so far,.. sigh,... "Dead Horse being Kicked",...
:( :cry:
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Gee you know, I am starting to think this Event may actually be a Non Starter,.. if Not Generally (as an Event), then perhaps particularly for myself :cry:

Having had virtually NO Work in the last Month & a Half and therefore Zero income I am seriously trying to manage what little funds I have at the moment and am beginning to think the Overall Cost of this event, may be More than I can realistically 'manage' at this point in time, as it Is quite some distance for myself, Fuel Plus the Damn Tolls and Entry fee etc.

Slot racing for myself IS a bit of a Luxury (on my limited income), at the Best of times and with the outstanding Bills at the moment, this may sadly be perhaps a Luxury I Should perhaps Not indulge in :cry: :cry:

Guess I can at this time only see what 'transpires' between Now and the actual Race date.

I WILL confirm Either way Prior to the date.
Cheers
Ron Griffin

Post by Ron Griffin »

Stoo & Casey

Teams so far

Shake & Bake ---- Casey & Shalin :P
Gangster Racing ---- Jason & Chris :P
Team Baxter ---- Wayne & Andrew :roll:
SSME 1 ---- Kenny & Warren :P
Fig Jam ---- Ron & Daniel-Anthony ??? :roll:

Any more want to run
Stoo
Wayne Waker
Wayne & Cody

Ron
Casey

Post by Casey »

Thanks for the update Ron should be a good day as always.
Casey
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Well that's great news !!!
At least you have More than 3 x Teams !!!
So it should be a good 'Race' :)
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Well, I got a call earlier on from Our good Retro mate Brad (who hasn't been racing much of late), but was Keen to have a run in the Enduro :)

If I can provide the suitable cars,.. he is keen to provide the transport etc :)
So looks like we will have a Full Compliment of Teams !!,.. :)

Hopefully I can come up with something Quick enough to try and Keep up with all the fast Locals and other Ring-Ins Ha Ha Ha

See you there :)
dtslot

Post by dtslot »

Hi guys,
I am just back from the U.S.,, and am feeling much better than I have for a while now. So if anyone is looking for a driver, etc,,,I am available,,,,,,,but regardless ,,if no spots available ,,,all good... I will be attending anyway,,,,,looking forward to catching up with all tomorrow...
If anybody wants to contact me ,,,,ph 45712810
see you all tomorrow ,,Darryl
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Guys

Great line up of 6 teams that's really heartining to see.

Great to see Brad team up with Stoo again for this event and even though Team BS are my sentimental favorites I wish you all good luck and good racing.

Good to hear you are fighting fit Darryl and ready to rock after your trip.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"