SRC Round 4 Hornsby

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
petrolhead

SRC Round 4 Hornsby

Post by petrolhead »

Hi Guys
Only 5 days until the next round at Hornsby,lets hope for another good turn out in this cooler weather.
The racing has been outstanding over the last 3 rounds and very very enjoyable as you can tell I can not wait. :D
Spread the word guys and lets get a 17 plus turn out. ;) ;)

Cheers
Wayne Walker
neiljb

Re: SRC Round 4 Hornsby

Post by neiljb »

I’m with you Wayne
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Well a good night of racing at HSC tonite, Cody and I enjoyed been back with our friends racing. Once he learns to slow down he will do 190 laps. Good to see some new faces , and when Jason has a couple more race meetings under his belt watch out Mark and Cody. One thing I did notice was how rigid people’s bodies where. Take a look at Marks Cody and stoo bodies they have NO tape under there bodies only small bits for pin holes . You need your body to flex from side to side as it’s going around, plus make sure your front wheels don’t jam on wheel arch. Sure a taped up body will last 8 to 12 races BUT a untapped body will handle better and set fasterrrrrr timesssssss. Now lead is your best friend if you add it you WILL go FASTER.......Infront of front wheels.
Cheetah 4 gear at 10 / 28. Big daddies or big boys depends on track condition on night. Hope this help.
Good Racing
Wayne Bramble
Ps. I would like to see everybody build there own cars not just pay me to do it.
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Glad to see Cody and yourself back.
Thanks for your tuning tips I will take it all on board and will have a go at building.
Just need some tuning and mastering that dam black lane.
See you all at SSME for the next Round.

Wayne W
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Black lane only by doing 2000,000 laps will help plus make sure your controller is suited for it. So maybe we will see you the next enduro when ever that is . Maybe Mark can put together a 6 hour 3 man retro for later in year. Team OZ is down .
petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

ozproducts wrote:Black lane only by doing 2000,000 laps will help plus make sure your controller is suited for it. So maybe we will see you the next enduro when ever that is . Maybe Mark can put together a 6 hour 3 man retro for later in year. Team OZ is down .
Started on them 2,000,000 laps on black last night Wayne got in 300 laps on Black and got down to a 5.443 :D from my 5.9 :shock: at SRC on Tuesday night with a little extra weight over the front wheels.Now starting on a new light body.Chipping away and that 6 Hour sounds good just hope it will fit in with all my weekend kids sports ,plenty of notice would help.
Wayne W
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

ozproducts wrote:Once he learns to slow down he will do 190 laps
That would be some effort - assuming getting across the line for a 'Bell' Lap - the remaining 189 laps equates to an average across ALL lanes of 5.08 sec a lap!

That would be some effort ;)
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Mmmmmmmmm .........
6 Hour Enduro. I am warming up to it.
If you run multiple classes the calendar is becoming very crowded. Maybe replace one of the existing 4 Hour dates with a 6 Hour could work.
I know! Make it an F1 race and I’ll drive with Cody. I’ll do about 10 minutes and leave the rest to Cody. What an awesome effort last Saturday!
How many laps did he break the record by?
Neil
Brooksy

Post by Brooksy »

Hi guys,

Looking to come up on Saturday Night. If there is a loaner car available that would be much appreciated, otherwise be happy to marshall.

Throughly enjoying the aussie retro's at the moment! Such a great class to race.

Hope to see you then.

Brooksy
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hey Brooksy

I think Darryl has a loaner for you - he had a car prepped for you for last Saturday in case you were able to come so I guess it will still be available.

Be great to see you racing the Retros again ;)
Regards - Mark 8-)

dtslot

Post by dtslot »

Hi Brooksy, will have a car for you, looking forward to seeing you knock off Greg T if he turns up...and most of the rest of us,,,ha,ha,,,,,,,,should be a good night,, Darryl
Greg Erskine

Post by Greg Erskine »

Mark Fox wrote:
ozproducts wrote:Once he learns to slow down he will do 190 laps
That would be some effort - assuming getting across the line for a 'Bell' Lap - the remaining 189 laps equates to an average across ALL lanes of 5.08 sec a lap!

That would be some effort ;)
You guys must be physic! :lol:

Cody cruising round doing 4.7's and 4.8's with a retro F1 was a sight to see.

If only I marshalled his car a little quicker when he eventually did come off, he would have gotten 190 instead of only 189. Sorry. :oops:
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

If he had not of come off he would have got 192 - he came off twice at the end of the straight in his last bracket where I was marshaling and it wasn't the only time.

That was why it was so amazing - the car and Cody were so fast but he had quite a few driver errors - that happens when you push to the edge - sometimes you go over.

It was a great effort as I said it would have to be - however the 190 target still beckons ;)
Regards - Mark 8-)