Auslot Forum ???

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
stoo23

Auslot Forum ???

Post by stoo23 »

I know there have been occasions in the Past, when this site would appear to have been 'Hacked' / 'Attacked', but as from late last week, I have been getting Warnings (Using Firefox), of it being an "Attack Site" and have been unable or perhaps More to the point, Unwilling to attempt to venture any further.

It would appear they (Auslot), have a Facebook page but so far, No mention of this issue has appeared there.

I am assuming there Must be some real 'Issue', as if you try searching for them via Google, the 'Links' that Used to lead you to the forums, No longer seem to appear !!

Perhaps somewhat of a problem, considering the 'activity' that Forum used to have.

Anyone have any ideas / knowledge of What is happening ??
Greg Erskine

Re: Auslot Forum ???

Post by Greg Erskine »

Stoo,

My anti-virus software has prevented access to Auslot for the last few days. It reports it is infected with URL:Mal.

regards
Greg
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

I got the same thing using Firefox, but chose to ignore the warning and pushed through.

The Auslot admin are working on it, and this is one thought by 'ZeGas'.

"This has been a background problem for quite some time, it is just that chrome has caught up in realtime now.

It used to be the case that if you searched a topic on auslot such as "zegas rally track", for instance, from a search engine and you clicked on the search link relating to auslot.com you got redirected to an adult site.
I know note that no auslot searches come up in chrome now, totally block from search engine.
The same search in IE comes up top of list and link is pure rubbish, still redirects to adult website "url4short.info".

I am convinced it is the name "Auslot". I think google has taken the "slot" part as relating to slot machines, and the .com part as being an international website, therefore as the site is not registered with the relevant gaming authorities is labelled dangerous.

IMO

Regarding Chrome.

It is being blocked because the latest version of chrome, which updates automatically, is turning on "Protect you and your device from dangerous sites".
This can be turned off in the settings --> advanced --> privacy and security --> Protect you and your device from dangerous sites

You will have to be more acute with your surfing though, like in the old days.

The only way to remove this now would be to change the forum to either another name, not recommended as it has a good reputation, or we chip in and get a .com.au address link which costs me around $35/yr for hosting my address.

Or use a different browser, but I am guessing that the other browsers will catch up soon as well as governments are pushing the internet based companies to self regulate more with the threat of being regulated by governments."

Strangely tho, my internet expolorer doesn't have a problem and goes straight to it.
:?
Steve King
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hmm,.. Yeah,.. well that is an 'Interesting' appraisal/comment of the On-going Problem,.. lol

The Auslot site Has been 'Hacked' a number of times previously, as far as I am aware and that "url4short.info" re-direct, has been an 'issue' for a Number of years.

When looking for further info', I found some reports of the Site's Stats etc and there were a number of Other sites also 'hosted' by the particular provider, which All seemed to work just fine,.. so is a rather Odd situation, in that the Problem, has NOT been Fixed/Eliminated.

For a site that to all intents and purposes, would seem to be 'Sponsored' by a Number of Heavily commercialized and Very Slot car/Market specific Companies, I am surprised that No-One, (either well-to-do Members or theoretical Sponsors), could Not have come forward with the relatively Small Funds required to alleviate the '.com' Issue.

Perhaps a rather Timely reminder, that WE should be VERY Thankful for OUR,.. "SPONSOR" and his Ongoing Support for this Forum, being;
Gary Johnson

Thanks Gary!!
:)
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Auslot is back online, no more issues.
Steve King
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Hmmm, offline again, but no warnings.
The wheels have fallen off!!
Steve King
Greg Erskine

Post by Greg Erskine »

Seems OK now!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hmmm, strangely,.. perhaps,... Experienced NO problems accessing the Forum, (also using Chrome under Win 10).
The site has been attacked a number of times over the years.

Must say I don't tend to visit as much as I used to these days, so not sure how stable things have been.
Seems Ok now though :)