Mini Wheels

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
neiljb

Mini Wheels

Post by neiljb »

I have asked around previously about the whereabouts of any Mini Wheels magazines. Buy, swap, sell, copy ,scan or archive somewhere. It would be a shame to lose theses little pieces of history. I have a couple of issues, particularly one which has a report on the 1977 'Slot Racing Revival ' meeting held at Slotz, Seven Hills. Open class was won by Denis Traeger. I would be happy to copy or scan it for anyone interested.
Any more out there.
I also have a vague recollection of another mag Track something??
Greg Erskine

Re: Mini Wheels

Post by Greg Erskine »

Neil,

I'd be very interested in seeing these online. Unfortunately I have none to offer.

regards
Greg
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

I have feeling that Kim Axton, has a 'bunch' of them.
Perhaps also Wayne B.

I Did 'communicate' with Dave Smith some years ago, when Retro was beginning to 'Happen', so I am Sure (the 'Collective' WE),.. :)
Should be able to Get it together/posted/archived somewhere/somehow!!

There is so much Good stuff and History available and turning up in the US, (as seen on Slotblog etc) and it Would be good to have some of 'Our' stuff 'Available' as such !!

Must see what we can do :)
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

I've got a few Aussie newsletter/mags, but not sure which ones.

I've also got a website that I'm slowly working on, where they could be displayed if interested.

I'll scan the ones I have, upload them and post a link to an index.
Steve King
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Thanks Steve,
If you are putting up your hand as the keeper of information. Thanks.
I will start scanning what I have and share them with you. The quality is not great as they are photo copies of photo copies. I also have some 'Australian Model Car and Slot Racing Review' mags from the 1960's if you are interested as well.
Anyone else?
Neil
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Neil, sounds good.
Yeah, even the originals of what I've got are not great, as they look like old Gestetner or Roneo prints.
I'll dig the few I have out and scan them.
Steve King
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

OK, I've scanned 3 magazines that I have, and Neil has sent me one of his, which have ended up on here;
Australian Slot Car Magazines Index

If anyone else has some Aussie slot car magazines, newsletters, etc and would like to share, please let me know by following up in the new thread under "General Discussion".
:)
Steve King
Greg Erskine

Post by Greg Erskine »

Great work guys!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Regarding all this Old Magazine stuff ,.... and,...
Having Now, 'Finally' managing to Recall from the deepest darkest depths of my brain cells, How to 'set' the correct 'Permisions' for the additions I was trying to make and to allow me the required control over the New "General Discussion" section and,.. 'Other people's Posts etc.
I have now got a Permanent 'Link' on the front page of the Forum, in the 'Links' Section and have Made the 'Post' in the General Discussion Section 'Sticky'.

So, perhaps if others want to add Info' etc might be best to 'post' in the General Discussion section ??

See Here;
http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1338

There is Also a 'Thread' also started by Steve regarding this Subject over on the AusSlot Forums,
See Here;
http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php? ... ge__st__20

:)