RETRO FINAL ROUND FOR 2013

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
jcol56

RETRO FINAL ROUND FOR 2013

Post by jcol56 »

Just a short note to offer a huge thank you to Garry Johnson for his superlative work in completing the renovations to my Road Course and congratulations to Mark Fox in completing a new track record in Saturday's Coupes race (182 laps! I think the two events are connected?). Another fantastic night's racing with Brad Yarrow (State Champion 2012 & 2013) 2nd a further 8 laps back, Stoo 3rd 0.737sec behind Brad.
Retro F1 continues to be another episode in, "The Rise of the Boneheads" (pun intended!), with no fewer than 4 of Justin's chassis running in a field of 9 entries. Would have been 5 out of 10 if I had raced! Proving the product was Justin in 1st on 174 laps, Darryl 2nd 170 laps and Stoo 3rd 1.443sec behind Darryl. Don't forget it's Trophy Night Friday, free pizza and Friday Nite Retro (Canam) around 9:00pm. On the subject of trophies: congratulations are also in order for Darryl who is Retro Club Champion (both Canam & F1) for 2013!
Retro Canam 2014 kicks off in the ADC on Saturday, January 25th @ 7:00pm.
James C.
justin.wills

Re: RETRO FINAL ROUND FOR 2013

Post by justin.wills »

and if Steph had played as well, it would have been 6 boneheads from 11 starters :mrgreen:

Garry has done a fantastic job on the track, it's smooth and it's fast. Congrats to Darryl, a tough but fair competitor, and always fun to race with, along with the rest of the guys (and girl)

really looking forward to next year and building cars that are even faster 8-)
Justin Wills,
Bonehead! chassis
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Congrats to Mark for the Coupe win and record (184 :o ) and Justin for the F1 win on the night.

A huge congratulations to our man Darryl for taking out both Retro series.
They haven't found the capacitors yet, huh?
;)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all you dedicated Retro racers.
:)
Steve King
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

A big thanks to James for the provision of a first class season of Retro Racing and the excellent condition of the track. I think we all have a lot to be thankful for that James is willing to invest in providing his racers with such good facilities - the flat track is just awesome to compete on and I agree that the record laps and really fast times in the race post the final stage of the tracks upgrade was definitely NOT a coincidence.

Looking forward to more racing next year and I will also take this opportunity to wish my fellow slotters and their families a Festive Xmas season and Happy and Healthy New Year.

Regards Mark
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"