Nats warm up race

ozproducts

Nats warm up race

Post by ozproducts »

Oct 25th is a Nats warm up race @Mobile Raceway. They are racing gp27 lite and OMO, Starting at 6pm. Cody and Daddy are coming down for it.Dont forget this race is spray gooooo as will be the 2014 Nats
WB
CAB77

Re: Nats warm up race

Post by CAB77 »

How considerate to organise a race on the same weekend as Mackay. I hope you guys realise that's what is wrong with Slot Car Racing in this country. How nice to see support for a track like mine.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hmmmm,

Now this won't go down well with a few folks, but it seems we have learned nothing over the past couple of years!!!!!!

Geoff
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Well it seems they have learned how to alienate people MR seems to think that they are the only raceway and all others should give way to them not only does that race conflict with a major race at another raceway, but seriously three weeks notice for a Nats warm up you have to be joking :oops:
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Guys, I only put up the dates for this race because Cody and I just made our minds up to go to it ,as Cody is not going to Brazil. This race date was planned many months ago, just not on this site.For the racers not going to Mackay which sounds like a good weekend of racing.So come on just because we are not going to QLD, that means we CAN'T race our cars. Every body grow up and think before you start a bitch session. But why change it's been this way for 42 years
Good Racing
Wayne Bramble
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Wayne

If you're willing to travel now on that weekend why not support my Raceway. I did not realise your cars won't fit on my track. Also I knew Russell was organising this race on this weekend but I figured it was a club race. I think it should have been on a different weekend from the get go just out of respect for other track owners. My point is simple what hope have I got of getting wing car racing going at my track when Racers like yourself won't make the effort to support the race.

I would also like to attend a Nats warm up race but I guess that won't be possible.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

ITs a matter of $$$ and time Much cheaper to drive to Melb and race on Sat nite Drive home on Sunday for work on Monday. From what I know of your track my cars will fit.
WB
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

This race date was planned many months ago, just not on this site.
Hey guys,..Simply as one of the Moderators/Administrators of This Forum,..May I ask Why ??

As one who tends to Regularly 'Visit, read And Post on the 'Other' Aussie Forums,..THIS Forum Would from MY observations Definitely seem to be the Place that 'Wing Car' information, posting and general Chat/Banter is placed and occurs !

If I may suggest (and I do so purely from the standpoint of the appropriate dissemination of information to the parties that Could be interested), that IF this, race date that had been planned, HAD been mentioned on this Forum, (as suggested), "many months ago", then Perhaps we would NOT have seen THIS 'Thread' appear at ALL, as the 'Conflict of Dates', may have been resolved !!!

As stated,..just wunderin', ??
:?
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

I was the one who called it a nats warm up race not Peter, Cody and I heard about this race from Rick and Lee at the US nats race, then the other day when we were talking about it. WE just called it a nats warm up race.
WB
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

This is why Peter dosnt post anything on this forum anymore and I also think three times before I do because of the Bu*&^^t that starts
WB
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Please Understand,...MY Comments are Not in ANY Way intended to be "B&^%%@*t" ,..

It is Simply from an 'Observers' view point.

I have NO 'vested interest', Other than the Hope that This Forum, could at Worst, provide a 'Source' of Information, to those Most Interested.

Surely, the Simple 'posting' of a race date, should NOT require "Thinking 3 x times" before you do,... ;) ;) :)

I Know YOU Understand MY opinions/Attitudes regarding Cohesiveness in Slot Racing !! :) :lol:

Cheers
:)
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Thanks Stoo, and go Easts
Wayne
slowhk

Post by slowhk »

its a club race that's it
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Come on Wayne,

Painting a picture of PVH as an innocent victim of abuse on this forum doesn't cut it. We all know the history here.

Personally I have never had a problem with ASCRA, Stoo is one of slottings true gentlemen, it's just a shame the same cannot be said about others.

Geoff
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

So it's a club race that has been scheduled for some time, but Wayne has decided to "sex it up" by calling it a "Nats warm-up race". I can't for a moment imagine that Wayne would have done so with the intention of undermining the NQDC. It seems far more likely that it is an innocent mistake, and Wayne's posts certainly seem to make that clear.

There is a hornets' nest of conflict between some groups of racers, track owners and (not so innocent) bystanders. That hornets' nest does unfortunately exist (for whatever reason). Unfortunately, there has been some collateral damage because the race in question will be at PVH's track. Without going into the rights and wrongs, it seems as if Wayne has unwittingly kicked that hornets' nest. He shouldn't be blamed for that, and nor should he be blamed for the existence of the hornets' nest itself.

So far as PVH's reasons for posting (or not posting) on this forum, shouldn't we allow him the right of free speech (or free silence)? If he wants to post here, he should be allowed to do so. If he doesn't, then he shouldn't be forced to. It's his choice. So far as I can see he is not a victim here, innocent or otherwise. He is a free player in a free market.

The bottom line is that there are two races on the same weekend that are (in a sense) competing for patronage. It is very unfortunate that they clash. However, there doesn't appear to be any sinister reason for that clash so let's not all get bent out of shape over it.