2 New Raceways for 2013 in Penrith, NSW.

General Track / Raceway Discussion & Track Listings.
SlotBaker

2 New Raceways for 2013 in Penrith, NSW.

Post by SlotBaker »

I've heard rumors that there are 2 new commercial raceways planned for Penrith next year.

Can anyone shed some light if true or not?

Where? When? Who?
:?
Steve King
SlotBaker

Re: 2 New Raceways for 2013 in Penrith, NSW.

Post by SlotBaker »

Interesting post on Auslot
"Hi All,
Not sure if this one has slipped through to the keeper but Ken and Belinda from Slot Shop are a matter of weeks away from opening their new shop in Penrith.

Its already got the Kingleman from Mobile Raceway which Peter Brought up and set up for them.

they are putting together a tri oval (Its going to need a paint and re braid and that is happening currently).

they are also putting together a Huge Carrera track and some other 1/32 type tracks so the shop is wall to wall tracks (But with enough pit space as well).

There is also going to be a 1/24th scale quarter mile

They are planning on having an extensive range of parts, cars and sets.

there is also going to be a kitchen area for food and drinks and a place for parents to have a coffee and relax.

They will also be catering for Parties as well.

Race nights are yet to be finalised and classes will also need some discussion.

I think this is going to be very good for the Penrith Area as the guys are quite hospitable

the location is off York street, ill post the full address when they are operating full time.

Plucka "
Steve King
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Here's a link to their facebook page looking good

http://www.facebook.com/PenrithSlotCars
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Where's the Thumbs up icon?

Thanks.
:)
Steve King
Pontiac Jack

Post by Pontiac Jack »

G'day Steve,that tri oval is a track I located last year. It was being stored in a factory about 2km from my place and I tracked it down through my links in the hot rodding community.
In it's original layout,it's HUGE!!! It was around 45 feet long (longer than a King!) which equated to a lap of around 110 feet.
It was originally built by a guy named Sandy in the 90's. Sandy liked his tracks LOOOOOONG. He's famous for his "Annaconda" track that had a 300 foot lap ! :o :o The main straight was 100 feet long.
My original plan was to use it as a starting point for a track along the lines of a modified American Orange,but the place I had organised for storage went away and the track owner wanted it out immediately,so I passed it on to Peter Van Horsen at MR.

It should be a good little track if the lap length is shortened to around 70-80 feet.

Cheers,PJ
BTW: I found another "Sandy" track a couple of months ago. This was a "Twisted 8" design. Looked to be around a 130' lap.
Unfortunately it has water damage along one of the straights and would need a bit of surgery. The answer would probably be to remove the damage and convert it to a 6 lane. Unfortunately,once again,I have nowhere to store it or set it up,so it's still in a shed about 3km from here......
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Thanks PJ.
It should be interesting to set some cars up and have a play on it.
Liverpool Checkered Flag raceway had a smaller oval when it was open, and it was a lot of fun.

300' lap road course!! :shock:
Every race would be like an enduro.
:)
Steve King