Old Phart needing driving tips before ADC

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
Koford1

Old Phart needing driving tips before ADC

Post by Koford1 »

Gentlemen,
for me to avoid becoming a mobile chicane during the 2013 ADC, would some generous soul give me some help around controller settings for HSC for 27 and Open cars.
I'm finding the transition from goo racing challenging so any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'd like to go around red without taking ppl off.
Regards

Chucky
ozproducts

Re: Old Phart needing driving tips before ADC

Post by ozproducts »

Hey chuck, with my wright way controller the car starts to move on the 2nd or 3rd band which is the way I like it and as for brakes I like a lot so that you can stop for the onslaught of accidents. As for driving red I adjust the brakes so that the car rolls a bit and how I drive it I let off about halfway under the bridge and then ease on the power there's no need to just blip and go that's the best way for me. Now it will be a bit harder for you cause you run a peugot not sure how long your chassis is but what I'm running is a 4.500 chassis with a range of high front and rear downforce bodies all cut at 139x31mm.

Hope this helps,

The Kid
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

What body do you recommend, Cody? I always thought that the Koford Peugot was the "Gold Standard" for high downforce, so if there is something better I'd love to try it.
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Ok I'll try that, with the bods you run .005 for both, maybe with a sticker for Opens?
With 139 X 31 is the rear of the body in line with the centre of the rear axle or further back ?
Thx for the help, and yes I'll try something with more fender and more kick in the tail
Regards

Chucky
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Yes chucky .005 with a sticker, Tim i mainly use the fox head body Australia wide for opens, this is also with the rear of the body over the back axle.

PS: what does this mean tim are you coming up for Australia day it would be great to catch up with you and hopefully kick your butt...

The Kid
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Hi Chucky
I ran Koford Peugot .005 tail with a sticker 414Z 4.33 long small piece of lead just behind the guide nut about 1gm and Alpha med WR Big hub as for red i found the if i bleeped on the kink and again under the bridge the donut was no issue car went straight round no brakes on
i also found motors with not much natural braking worked better on Black allowing the car to roll up and through the lead on corner
See You Australia Day
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
dennist

Post by dennist »

Charles,

I've never raced there, but you could try Lindsay's secret formula which has been successfu at Hornsby. He mentioned it on a thread here.

Longer chassis than a King ( 4.5" -4.6")

Body Alpha Toyota 139mm by 31mm pushed as far back as possible, Fat Fox should also work well.

Large air gap (i.e. in opens .480" 64 in .500" set up, light springs - this is exactly the same formula for motors on slightly lower powered tracks I used to use - more revs , better straightaway speed should be OK in spray glue.

Medium/ Medium Hard (depending on grip) Alpha Tires - not big hub for spray glue. Some of the newer, softer Koford medium hubs should also work well.

The bodies mentioned should be a bit better than the Peugot on "flatter" corners.

Beuf does not always use the Peugot or the 414Z on slow, difficult, flat King tracks,(see what he used in The "Wade" Open this year and the race in Holland in 2004).

The new body I was going to make for Sunset would also have worked at Hornsby, but alas that never got completed.
michael

Post by michael »

1st 2nd 3rd in 27s at the Nats this year all Ran Peugot bodies & long steel chassis Alpha Med Wonder Rubber
get out ya old steel viper Charlie.
Qld Mick.
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

ozproducts wrote:what does this mean tim are you coming up for Australia day
maybe...

ozproducts wrote:it would be great to catch up with you and hopefully kick your butt...
There would definitely be some arse-kicking involved. You've got better and I haven't, so I'll need padded trousers...