HSC Aussie Retro Coupe & F1 Rnd 7 2010

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
stoo23

HSC Aussie Retro Coupe & F1 Rnd 7 2010

Post by stoo23 »

Hi All,.. :D

You know, first up I think I'd like to say/express, how Lucky We are here at HSC,..for the 'opportunity' one has, to be able to Race against Easily some of the Best, competitive and Friendly, bunch of Racers I have had the constant 'Pleasure' to Race against almost Each and Every week !!!

NO,..I'm NOT A$$ Licking,..it's Just Fact !!

AND,..Just when you think we are all kinda Hovering around the same 'Bar Height',..on What seems Just Like Any Other Night of racing,..proves to be one of The Fastes and Toughest Slot car races I have had in Recent Times.

I will also say, that unfortunately, 'on the Night', My driving let me down,..(But them as Mum had been a Bit Ill and in Hospital etc,..I think I was Kinda 'Unsorted', as such,..Fast, ...but 'All over the Shop' !!,..ROFL,...BUT,....

Once again,..Cody,..has Raised 'The Standard' as such,..as he has Noticed how many laps he has been able to do,..whilst Still Falling Off a few too many times!!,..All in Good Fun ofcourse,..but as we have often thought,..Sheesh,..'Imagine if He Kept it ON !!",..

Well,..Tonight He Did JUST That !!!

We only had a Small collection of some of the 'Usual Suspects',..and a Good Bunch of 'Suspects' they are as well !!!,.. :D :D

There were 8 starters for the Retro Coupe Race,..we therefore had 2 races of 4, as marshalls were at a Minimum,..but Heck, Hardly Anyone de-slotted,..at ALL,.in Either race,..(myself Not Included,..lol), so the Marshalls were as Bored as hell and were having their own conversations etc,..Heck I Know I Did !!!,..But Hey,..it's Like I Keep on saying,..the guys who turn up for Retro, often Race many Other classes,..in Fact, the 'Core' Group of Retro Racers, are also the Core effective group that also race Plafit, with a Few 'Notable' exceptions,..lol

Retro Coupe Race 1
Cody, James, Dale and Troy, lined up for this one and really, Not a Lot Can be said about it, as in effect, the 4 of them just 'went at it', for the Whole 8 brackets!
I mean realistically, All doing Great Lap Totals,..in Fact we All did !!!,..But Cody, through some Pretty Neat and consistent driving, took out This race and in Fact the Overall Win on the Night, with a Pretty Damn Impressive total of 276 Laps !!!
That was made up of;
WHI 34
RED 34
GRE 35
BLU 36
PUR 33
BLA 33
YEL 34
ORA 37

37!!! ,... Give me a Break !!!,..ROFL
Honestly, with these cars around That track,..That IS Moving !!! Well Done Cody!,..Although one could I guess perhaps argue that the 'Condition', "On the Night" suited That car Extremely Well !!,.. ;) ;)

For 'The Rest',...Troy Managed an also Very Creditable 265, with James 'arguing' over the position Race long to eventually finish with 263 laps and Dale,..'Correctly' suggesting what the evening's racing would be like, and so it Proved,..With I might add Dale coming up 'Trumps' against Me,..again !!!,.. :D :D :D , I Only managed a Paltry 255 in My Race,..sigh !!,...lol

Retro Coupe Race 2
I guess, in reality, this Wasn't as Good a Race as the First, but I guess, in This 'Format', it's Kinda Like Chasing the 'Hare',..for myself, I would Much Rather Race with a 'Full Field' as such,..and,..as it Turned out,..we Kinda Did have Some marshalls anyway,..but that's another matter.

In reality, this race was Me, vainly trying to 'Catch' Fox, which Never happened!,..lol and in fact I didn't even do a Good Job of getting Laps either,..lol, so ended as mentioned, with Only 255, compared to Mark's 264.

Jacco and Darryl, had their Own race I guess Really,..and I'd have to suggest that perhaps Jacco's Motor Might have reached it's use by Date !!,..it seeming to have Very Short 'Legs' up the straight.
Darryl ended with 244 laps and Jacco Stikkelorum, (in case you were Wondering) !!,.. :D ending with 230.
As i mentioned, pretty much everyone is now turning pretty decent lap totals on All the lanes,..it's just that Some of Us are doing Even Better laps Now !!,..DOH !!!
It was as usual,..damn good Fun and Is for myself as I guess for many others,..quite a Pleasant Social encounter as well !!... :D

Retro F1 Race

Only 7 starters for this, and as we had a few extra racers in trhe Centre that were OK to act as marshalls, we had just the One race.
This race wasn't of the same calibre as the Coupe races, but was still Pretty damn 'Hot' !!

After 'borrowing' my new F1 car at the last race, Troy was Keen to 'Have another Go' as such and whilst I would have liked to have given it a Go Myself (after some Extra Tuning), I figured, as I had my slightly 'Modded' Older car, he might as well give it a Good run!

Mind you I did kinda think he Would Win with it!!,..lol
I guess, Cody was Just 'On It' on the night, as he Also Took out this race as well,..'Shadowed' I must say, the Whole way, by Troy !!
This Newer chassis of Mine certainly seems to have 'closed the Gap' as it were somewhat to the Bramble Steam Roller F1 !!!,.. :lol:

For Myself, this was an abysmal race!,..I probably Should have put a different set of tyres on,..I Had Plenty to chose from,..but as I said, I was kinda at all sorts, a bit pre-occupied,..but Starting on Black, with Brand New tyres that Haven't turned a Lap, was Not a Good 'Recipe',..it took me 4 Brackets to get In 'The Groove',..and in this Class and Field, is the Race GONE !!,..and so it was,..lol

Cody and Troy basically held first and second from the start, with James snatching 2nd for one bracket, then, similarly holding 3rd for the duration.
Mark and Dale, similarly virtually held 4th and 5th race long, with about the Only real 'Change', being myself managing to 'snatch' 6th from Jacco in the closing stages. Jacco seemed to be having a similar case of 'Lack of Urge' from his F1 car as well. Hopefully some 'Fresh' Horsepower will remedy that!

Final outcome;
1st Cody Bramble 262
2nd Troy Boldy 260
3rd James Colefax 253

4th Mark Fox 247
5th Dale Anderson 244
6th Stewart Amos 239
7th Jacco Stikkelorum 220

All in All, just Another great night's racing, with some great people,..Makes for an OK Saturday might for an Old Bugger !!!,.. :lol: :lol:
:) Some pics to come,...
Attachments
Most of the 'Usual Suspects',
Most of the 'Usual Suspects',
SAM_0523.jpg (66.66 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
the F1 Cars ready for the Start.<br />Cody, Dale, Jacco, James, Fox, Troy and Stoo.
the F1 Cars ready for the Start.
Cody, Dale, Jacco, James, Fox, Troy and Stoo.
SAM_0521.jpg (102.68 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Coupe Race 1;<br />Cody, Dale, James and Troy.
Coupe Race 1;
Cody, Dale, James and Troy.
SAM_0518.jpg (95.8 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Coupe Race 2.<br />Darryl, Jacco, Mark and Stoo
Coupe Race 2.
Darryl, Jacco, Mark and Stoo
SAM_0520.jpg (99.14 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
The Podium Coupe cars;<br />Troy, Cody and Mark
The Podium Coupe cars;
Troy, Cody and Mark
SAM_0526.jpg (108.94 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
The Winning Coupe chassis;<br />Troy's (by WayneB), Cody's (also by WayneB) and Mark's own car.
The Winning Coupe chassis;
Troy's (by WayneB), Cody's (also by WayneB) and Mark's own car.
SAM_0528.jpg (112.89 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
The F1 Podium Cars;<br />Troy, Cody and James.
The F1 Podium Cars;
Troy, Cody and James.
SAM_0525.jpg (87.78 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
The winning F1 chassis;<br />Troy's (by Stoo), Cody's (by WayneB) and James' (also by WayneB).
The winning F1 chassis;
Troy's (by Stoo), Cody's (by WayneB) and James' (also by WayneB).
SAM_0529.jpg (86.85 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
Last edited by stoo23 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lu05ke

Re: HSC Aussie Retro Coupe & F1 Rnd 7 2010

Post by lu05ke »

Nice report Stoo, I had intentions of coming up Saturday night not to race as I dont have an aussie retro car but just to marshall and shoot the breeze seeing the wife was away. Unfortunately I got stuck at work so I will be making my trip up this Saturday for Rd2 of Series 3 scaley racin instead. :D
stoo23

Re: HSC Aussie Retro Coupe & F1 Rnd 7 2010

Post by stoo23 »

No Need for a Car,.. :) just let someone know you are intending to come and you will probably have a choice of 'Loaner' cars :D

Seriously,..Have a Run,..don't just Marshall !!

Cheers :)