HSC's Big Plafit Bash. Report and pics

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

HSC's Big Plafit Bash. Report and pics

Post by stoo23 »

You know, as I sit here, switching between the Tour De France and the Moto GP and feeling Quite 'Shell Shocked', after some Extremely Fast Hard and at times Torrid Slot car racing,..thinking of what Might have been if I had Not had those Few De-Slots !!,..and still being annoyed at Not making the 1/32 races,..but probably Just as well, as then I Really would have been 'Knackered' !!!,...lol

First up,..thamks Must go again to James Colfax, Wayne, Gary and everyone else at HSC that Helped make this another Great Weekends Racing.

It was also Really Fantastic to see and race with some Very old Friends, like Kim Axton and Dave Hassall, to name just Two !!,..Great to see dave again after all these years, with Team QuickSlot running as Effectively again Now as it Usually did All those Years ago,..well done Guys!!

This particular 'Report' from myself, will unfortunately be a bit 'Piece Meal', as I wasn't at the Track for All the events and although armed with a camera, just couldn't get myself into the 'Reporter' Mode as I often have.

Fortunately, Dale has taken up the Photographic 'slack' and hopefully, will be able to 'post' his pics at some stage soon.

Personally, I had as usual, intended to run both 1/32 and 1/24th CanAm, but had agreed to Run in Group C with young Declan if he wished to run,..which he chose Not to,..so then I thought I was running with James,..OK,..Then suddenly, Mark Fox and Myself are running James' car, (as dave Hassall was running with Kim),....OK,..we Both think,..this should be interesting!!,..lol

Ofcourse, both Mark's and Myself's Great thanks go to both James and Wayne for the Chance to race and for the Car,..I guess the Experience could have proven more 'Fruitful', but was pretty much as I expected,..perhaps as well by Mark !!,..lol
Greater Races Both Mark and I have run,..Mind you,..we Motored along as well as possible,..the term 'Wringing it's neck' comes to Mind !!!,..lol

Mark and I arrived during the running of the First of the Group C races, to find Kim Axton and Dave Hassall, with a relatively commanding lead over Garry and Barry and the rest of the Field.
I don't have the Results for this race, but the racing was Pretty clean and very fast,..wish I could say the same for Our Race.
There wasn't the expected numbers of runners for this event, but still enough for 2 Full 2 Hour Races,..I Like Enduro's,..and I Don't really like these cars, but if I ever do this again,..it will Not Be with Any Porsche 956/962 variant !!
As to be expected, the Weapon Bodies of choice, would have to be the Mazda's, Nissan's, Jaguars and Saubers,..any of the cars With Little or No Rear over Hang and a Nice 'Snow Plow' Nose, would appear to be 'The Way to Go'.

This being particularly evident, by Kim and Dave, winning BOTH 2 Hour Races !!!,..What can I say,..'We are Not Worthy' !!!,..ROFL

I honestly can't give you any further info for our race other than the results, as to be Honest,..it was a 'Blurr' !!,..rofl
If I can get hold of the Race details, I will post them, but the Final outcome for the second race is as follows.

Group C Race 2;

1st Team Quickslot 1073 laps
2nd Team Fox 1055 laps
3rd Team Aus' 1050 laps

4th Team O.B.I. 1034 laps
5th Team King Willys 1020 laps
6th Team Kenwood 975 laps
7th Team Reaper 965 laps
8th Team Colfax 962 laps

1/32 Modern GT

Big GAP here, as I don't have all the details of the 1/32 racing,..Oh apart from the fact that Cody TQ'd and Won !!,..(which was to be expected after seeing his car go the previous night !!).

Having tried a couple of New motors in My Own car and finding them only Average at Best and in fact feeling No faster than the motor I removed, May,..and I say just May have had something to do with my Sleepy lethargy this morning!,..lol

1/32 Final;

1st Cody Bramble 223 laps
2nd Gregg Teagle 215 laps
3rd John Wiley 213 laps

4th James Colefax 212 laps
5th Dale Anderson 211 laps
6th Troy Boldy 209 laps
7th Tony Thorn 201 laps
8th Jim Patterson 201 laps

All pretty Close except for Cody !!! :shock: Well done!

I hope someone Else can Fill in the 1/32 details for us.

So,..onto;
1/24th CanAm/Sports GT.

Somehow, I think everyone figured this Class Would be 'Hot' and it Sure was !!!
A total of 23 entries lined up for the start of some Very fast, hard and Very Clean racing.

There was Quite a Good number of very Nice looking cars and Quite a few that were either well detailed or atleast replicating Real racing cars, but all in all, it was a Pretty good looking field of cars,...and some Damn Quick ones as well !!!,.. :D

Qualifying;

Wow!,..some Very Hot times turned here!,..but one Has to say the times across the Whole field, were Very close!
17 of the 23 starters turning under 6.00 seconds!

Bevan Halloran Set the Bar Pretty High early on, with a 5.577, with a whole swath of people doing very close times in the 5.6/7 second bracket, including Mark Fox, who once again showed his abilities, with a 'borrowed' car, turning a 5.644.
I (Stewart Amos), managed to get close to Bevan with a 5.580 but once again we were Joined in the Sub 5.6 second Group, by Cody Bramble, who pulled a 5.558 out of the hat !!!,..Sigh !!!,..Well Done ,..Again Cody !!,.. :D :D :P :P :lol:

Must say that Overall I was Very Happy with My time, considering the Porka Body and My slight lack of Smoothness and was Very Haooy to see that I managed to turn a 5.440 and a 5.481 in the Semi !!! So she was On the Pace Cap'n !!,..lol
All I Gotta do Now is get the Brain and the Finger together,.. :lol: :lol:

I will try and post the Race Sheets, as they Will tell a far better story of the Closeness of All the racing, better than I can, by Just telling You,..BUT,..Mark My Words,..This was some Incredibly Fast and Very Tidy and Clean racing from Everyone, with there being Very little deslotting in the Semi's and almost None in the Main!
We had a number of brackets where No one deslotted I think.

Anyway, as it IS late now, I will come back and post the 'Details',..but for now, I have just filled in the details of the Final and Some pics.
Back again soon,..lol

Final

You know this had to be one of the toughest races I have had to wind up finishing 4th !!!,..lol made a couple of annoying 'unforced' errors and in This field, that is More than enough !!,..lol Basically, Bevan, Troy, myself and Cody, all swapped places during the course of the event, Cody even dropping to 4th in the 5th bracket, but pretty much had a 'Handle' on 1st place.

As can be seen, the Guys behind the Leading 4, were also having their Own Incredibly close Battle, with the outcome going down to the wire for all the remaining places.

All in all, a really Fantastic race!
In fact they All were in this class and I'm pretty sure Everyone had a Great time and enjoyed their racing,..well it Seemed that way from the Smiles and Laughter that was ever present !!

Great also to see the 'likes' of Kim Axton, Dave Hassall, Gary & Barry, Geoff Little and Mikey and Heck,..everyone else that Turned up to race.
Great racing and a fun and sociable atmosphere,...as seems to be the 'Norm' of late,..Just Another Great days racing at HSC !!

:D

1st Cody Bramble 246 laps
2nd Troy Boldy 243 laps
3rd Bevan Halloran 241 laps

4th Stewart Amos 240 laps
5th John Wiley 234 laps
6th Mikey Batten 233 laps
7th Dale Anderson 233 laps
8th Gary Johnson 233 laps
Attachments
Hey!, I know these guys !! As does Everyone else that Raced Group C.<br />Great Guys, Fantastic Drivers and a Clean Sweep of BOTH Group C Races.<br />Kim Axton and Dave Hassall, Team Quickslot.
Hey!, I know these guys !! As does Everyone else that Raced Group C.
Great Guys, Fantastic Drivers and a Clean Sweep of BOTH Group C Races.
Kim Axton and Dave Hassall, Team Quickslot.
SAM_0427.jpg (103.61 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
The Whole Field prior to the start of Racing.
The Whole Field prior to the start of Racing.
SAM_0438.jpg (131.83 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Not a Bad looking 'bunch' here !!
Not a Bad looking 'bunch' here !!
SAM_0440.jpg (138.65 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
A moment in qualifying.<br />Mark Fox, John Wiley and Kim Axton in the foreground.
A moment in qualifying.
Mark Fox, John Wiley and Kim Axton in the foreground.
SAM_0444.jpg (109.97 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Gregg Teagle's Porsche,..neat!
Gregg Teagle's Porsche,..neat!
SAM_0454.jpg (89.69 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Kim Axton's car
Kim Axton's car
SAM_0455.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Cars at the start of the Consie B;<br />Declan, John, Barry, Bruce, Gregg, Charles and JJ
Cars at the start of the Consie B;
Declan, John, Barry, Bruce, Gregg, Charles and JJ
SAM_0446.jpg (113.72 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Cars at the start of Semi B;<br />Barry, John, Kim, Gregg, Mikey, Bevan, Troy and Not sure whose car that is ??
Cars at the start of Semi B;
Barry, John, Kim, Gregg, Mikey, Bevan, Troy and Not sure whose car that is ??
SAM_0449.jpg (113.09 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Cars in the Semi A;<br />Gary, Stoo, Mark, Geoff, Cody, Chuckie, Dale and Barry.
Cars in the Semi A;
Gary, Stoo, Mark, Geoff, Cody, Chuckie, Dale and Barry.
SAM_0456.jpg (113.85 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Cars lined up for the 1/24th Final;<br />Mikey, Stoo, John, Gary, Cody, Bevan, Troy and Dale.
Cars lined up for the 1/24th Final;
Mikey, Stoo, John, Gary, Cody, Bevan, Troy and Dale.
SAM_0457.jpg (113.96 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Some of the Happy racers at the Trophy Ceremony
Some of the Happy racers at the Trophy Ceremony
SAM_0460.jpg (137.91 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Pretty Much THE BIG Winner on the Day.<br />Cody Bramble
Pretty Much THE BIG Winner on the Day.
Cody Bramble
SAM_0461.jpg (168.58 KiB) Viewed 11275 times
Last edited by stoo23 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
il cavalino

Re: HSC's Big Plafit Bash. Report and pics

Post by il cavalino »

Thanks to James and Wayne for a thorougly enjoyable weekend.

Congrats to the old timers Kim Axton and Dave Hassall for their victory in Group C and to Cody B. for both 1/32 scale and Can Am.

It would appear that Scale Racing is alive and well and living at Hornsby.

Thanks also to Kellie and Dianna for the yummy food!!

Geoff
Last edited by il cavalino on Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chadly

Post by chadly »

looks good guys.
great race repot by stoo aswell!

8-)
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!
Mikey B

Post by Mikey B »

This was a great weekend! I think everybody had a great time in 1/24th Can-am, 1/32 GT. I personally had the most fun in the 2 hour Group C race!
Although I do remember that somebody didn't have so much fun as the were upset with the racing, pulled out their controller and stormed out the door! But maybe it was just past his bed time, because he was acting like a child. Some people just need to remember that they are toy cars.

I was dissapointed that Chef James didn't get out the BBQ. :( But it still was, as usual one of the best race events for scale racing. So thanks Wayne and James for a great weekend.

Mikey.
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Very enjoyable weekend all round. Thanks to James, Wayne and Kelly for putting it all together.

Well done to Kim and Dave for winning both of the Group C races (that's the last time I'll help Axton set up a car).

The Can-Am racing was ultra competitive and my congratulations go to Troy, Bevan and Stoo who drove brilliantly without the benefit of track calls. For the bottom 4 places we were all on the same lap for much of the time and it was easy to go from 5th to 8th in one lap, as I discovered, but all the same I was pretty happy just to make the main.
Cheers,

Garry J
Barry

Post by Barry »

Another great race weekend at HSC , Thanks to James , Wayne and Kelly for all their work.

I feel I am getting better everytime I run there , but you guys are just too fast.

Congrats to all the winners , especially Kim and Dave in the Group C races. Always good to race with Kim

Cheers
Barry
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Great to catch up with some old faces like Axton and Hassall. It came as a bit of shock when during seperate conversations with both of them that their respective ages was mentioned. :o
I turned 54 this year and they had a couple of years on me when I started racing in my late teens at Waitara, G&D, Yagoona and Chester Hill.
I remember these guys were 2 of the top VIC. "pros" from 35 years ago, and despite the ravages of time that we are all subjected to they remain very competitive today.
I'd like to thank Wayne for lending me his Canam car which has inspired me to build one of my own.
To James, his staff, and all the competitors both local and interstate, congratulations on making it a another great event at HSC
Regards

Chucky
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Have added what race sheets I have at hand to the 'Original' post.
The Can-Am racing was ultra competitive and my congratulations go to Troy, Bevan and Stoo who drove brilliantly
Oh Shucks !!,..ROFL,..Thanks Gary,..coming from Yourself, I take that as Quite a Compliment, as would the others as well I am sure!

I must say though, that I was a bit dis-appointed with my result on the day, (Due Totally to My Own Driving mind you!!) as I guess, I Really 'Should' have Won that one, or atleast have made a Podium place,..as I Certainly had the 'Car' for it !!,..lol
Was just a bit 'Scattered' On the Day,..sigh,..a bit tired and too Much 'Jabbering' with Good friends from the Past etc, which made it a Great event personally no Matter the Outcome !! :D
Not too bad for an Old Bugger though I guess, Heck even Bevan is a Few years Younger let alone those Other two Whipper-snappers !!?? :lol: :lol:

Heck look at the results for almost Any class at HSC and Troy, Cody, Bevan and Dale, WILL almost Beyond Doubt, be occupying the Top 'spots' !!!
Personally, I think I/We are extremely Lucky, to have such a 'Quality' bunch of Locals to Race against each week, on such a Great little Track!!

But Really, I think there was some Great driving by Many people, as Noted by Gary, you could 'Blink' and have changed 2 or 3 places !!
Come off 3 times and it was All over !!!,..well almost :lol:
In fact ,..all us Old Pharts from the 'Be-Winged' past are still doing pretty OK really eh !!??,... :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)

Great stuff AND it was FUN !!!,..Just like it has Always been with the Retro racing at HSC, :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) ;)