A question of Scale. Pictures relating to another 'Post'.

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

A question of Scale. Pictures relating to another 'Post'.

Post by stoo23 »

Hi guys,..please note these Pics are mainly to 'support' a Divergence of the 'Topic' posted in the Upcoming Races section dealing with the Plafit BIGGG race coming up soon at HSC.
See here;
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=335

I must admit, whilst I am somewhat annoyed I spent so much Time and effort attempting to make my Own Decals to Replicate the Green Sandeman David Piper Porsche 917, I Guess I should have measured it Before I put in all the Work.

As it stands, you Can't actually get the Body mounts out Wide enough to Fit this Body, without using Two !! Pieces of rubber !! It's That Wide !!

The Elfin, is at this point in time Just a learning experience, as I haven't ever really Tried 'Detailing' a lexan body in this Fashion.
Even though it's Not exactly the correct Blue and I stuffed up the headlight Covers,..Doh !!, I have tried to replicate the car that Peter Brennan currently owns, which was Frank Matich's Original Elfin 400, sold to Neil Allen.

I thought I had Worked out How to Do the radiator duct to Still fit, but alas, My Measurements must have been s bit out, as it Needs Modding to Clear that Dam Front End !!

It has been an interesting experience, but I honestly can't believe the time and effort spent So Far on Two bodies I have Yet to even get Close to racing.

I have built Two retro Chassis and Painted a Couple of Other Bodies all in the same amount of time!

At this stage, I would still have to say that Plafit's and I are still an Uncomfortable marriage!!,..ROFL

Here are the Two Porsche 917 bodies Spoken about;

Side by Side

You can see How the Green Body Fits Easily Over the Yellow One,.. Look through the headlight Lenses!

Another showing the Size Difference.

Elfin Body;

here, the Matich SR3 body easily Fits Over the Top of the Elfin!

Those Damned 'Offending' Front Axle carriers!!

Just some other Detail Shots of My Elfin Efforts, showing the radiator Outlet Ducting, Oil Cooler etc,...

The Real car!

Cheers
:)