Plafit SLP-2 chassis

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
Mikey B

Plafit SLP-2 chassis

Post by Mikey B »

Hi Guys,

Well I've recently aquired an SLP-2. I haven't mounted a body on it yet, but compared to out 1700G kits, it's nothing special. The car weight is approx. 150g,

without a body! It's got all the parts they use in Europe, Scale Auto wheels, JP gears, fancy bearings, although it's got a Fox II motor. But boy is it shiney! So

now that we'll be racing SLP-1's, does that mean that SLP-2's arenn't too far away? I'll let you guys know how it is once I mount the body...

Mikey.
stoo23

Re: Plafit SLP-2 chassis

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Mikey,..so is the Body you will be mounting one of 'dem Groovy but 'Eye wateringly expensive' Carbon Fibre jobbies ??

BTW,..did/have you assembled the SLP's yourself ??
Mikey B

Post by Mikey B »

Hi Stoo,

Yes. I assembled the chassis myself, with a bit of help from the internet: http://picasaweb.google.com/ScaleRacing ... 2GRPCBUILD#

It's not a CF body I'll be mounting just a plastic Lamborghini Mucielago.

I'll bring it up to the race in March complete.

Mikey.
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

To race the SLP-2 in Group C would require a re-write of the body weight rule. Because the SLP-2 has no pans to speak of it'd be hard to get the body up to 60 grams. The weight you'd have to add would outweigh any possible chassis advantage.

Any ideas on a class for any model car (nut and bolt) chassis without going to expense of laminated LMPs ??
Cheers,

Garry J