New track at Narangba

General Track / Raceway Discussion & Track Listings.
SlotBaker

Re: New track at Narangba

Post by SlotBaker »

Ooohh..that looks nice.

I hope that it is slippery dense foam, otherwise the cars may grab and bounce all over the place.
:shock:
Steve King
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

I don't know what it is Steve.

It feels like styrene but tougher.
Cheers,

Garry J
wittyracin

Post by wittyracin »

the track is looking awsome
any idea how long before some cars will be going aroung it.
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Had our first run on the track tonight. Smooth and fast and pretty good for a green track.

A couple of months racing will see a very good surface. Looking forward to doing some testing once the computer's in place.

Andrew's talking about racing on Monday nights with lots of different classes.
Cheers,

Garry J
wittyracin

Post by wittyracin »

great to hear it has come together well
let us know when it is open to the public and we will bring our cars for a run
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

The track isn't open to the public but the club racing is pretty much open to all interested parties. In Brisbane we race mainly at Coomera (another smallish private track) and now we have Narangba and soon there'll be another track down on the Gold Coast. There are also at least 3 tracks in Toowoomba.

We race mostly Plafit cars but Andrew will be having races for flexi cars, probably with FoxII or Falcon 7 motors, and maybe some 1/32 cars also.

You can find the rules for the Plafit cars here - http://ascra.com.au/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=36

Ace Hobbies and Nomad Raceway organise championship races each year; dates are here - http://ascra.com.au/index.php?option=co ... &Itemid=36

The best thing to do would be to come along on a race night and have a look. We're out of season at the moment but there'll probably be some test and tune days/nights organised.

Could you also please sign your posts so we know what to call you, 'Hey You' doesn't sound very polite :D
Cheers,

Garry J
wittyracin

Post by wittyracin »

thanks for that will lok at the links you put up.
are you able to gie me the contact details for the other tracks you mentioned.
oh and my name is
Eric
sorry about that
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Eric,

Sorry but I can't give out personal info.

I'll PM you when there's a race or test and tune day, once you come along you can meet the track owners.
Cheers,

Garry J
wittyracin

Post by wittyracin »

thanks gary that would be awsome
Davnic74

Post by Davnic74 »

Hi Garry/Andrew

Congrats on building an awsome track, is it sectional? The reason i ask is that if he ever gets bored of it (which i doubt will happen :cry: ) he can ship it down here to Vic i have a 11 mtr x 6 mtr garage it would fit nicely in... :D
cheers

David Scriven,Jnr racer only been racing for 5 years not 30!!!!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Yeah !!!

That has come up lookin' Really nice guys !!

Well done to All involved,..hope it provides some Great racing,..Sure Looks like it will.

:D
Perry

Post by Perry »

The Track Looks Great.
Building Retro and Any Chassies, Motor True and Magnet Zapping
I just want to have Fun Again !
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

125mm?? you may as well run walls between each lane lol.

1/32 cars will make the track look enormous.

Looks neat though.
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

I'm still undecided about the big lane spacing. Passing on these little tracks can be a nightmare so it's good in that sense. Narangba and Coomera are very fast and it's difficult to get a run on someone; at Coomera it usually requires some co-operation unless there's a big speed difference as it's only about 100mm.

Norm and I were running around Narangba with 2 identical flexis last week and we did lap after lap side by side. Mind it only works if you're exactly side by side cause you can still bump the front of the other car if you line them up just right. Of course 1/32 cars don't even look like touching.

I like the look of your 6 laner Paul, looks like a great track for these mabuchi motored cars. Unfortunately it's a bit far away for club racing but I'd consider making the trip for a big race weekend. We hope to have 2 teams from Qld at Hornsby next month and with 2 days of racing it's well worth the effort.
Cheers,

Garry J
WSMCR-Plucka

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

Yeah ill be at Hornsby for a look see as i can only devote a couple of hours away from the shop for the time being but i was thinking of a 6 hour race with 3 in the day and then break for dinner and then 3 in darkness but need to make sure it does not clash with other track events and so on.

Something that Hornsby can do at the start of winter and we can do at the end ;)