Well Look what Just turned up Downstairs (Moss's Cooper!!)

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

Well Look what Just turned up Downstairs (Moss's Cooper!!)

Post by stoo23 »

Hi guys,..as the Title suggests, Look what Just appeared Downstairs !!!

I just Kinda Figured as it Was Stirling's Celebration Year,..(Motor Sport) have done a special edition this Year, that Probably, a Few of you might be interested in seeing this little Beastie !!!,... :D :D :lol: :lol:

Hey,..you Know,..seeing as I can Take Measurements,..might be time to get someone to make a really nice Body !! :D

Enjoy !!

Cool Eh !!?? :) :mrgreen:
SlotBaker

Re: Well Look what Just turned up Downstairs (Moss's Cooper!!)

Post by SlotBaker »

Yeah, very cool.

Looks like it would be a tiny little thing.
:)
Steve King
stoo23

Re: Well Look what Just turned up Downstairs (Moss's Cooper!!)

Post by stoo23 »

Yes, sort of,..it has (obviously), a Climax 4 cylinder engine, it's sort of long and rather Skinny really and Honestly,..sitting in it, you'd have to say it Would be Rather Scary at High Speed !!!,..lol

It Needs a LOT of Work at My first Quick inspection !! The steering wheel, is Very Thin and at an Extremely Odd angle and the Seat as it Is, could Break your Back,..feels Like there is a Chassis Rail running across in the Middle of your Spine !!! :o :o

Plus it's Covered in Nullaboor dust, even though it was in a Special Car carrier.
It May have been a relative bargain to Purchase, but to Restore,..OR to get it to racing standard as I think he Wants to,..will cost a 'Bomb' I reckon !!!

I was Never that Enamoured with these cars, Or for Many cars Of that Era,..I'd prefer a 1927 Salmson or Amilcar !!!,..then I could 'Hoon' around France pretending to be Mr Hulot !!!,.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mind you,..Stirling's desmodromic Osca is Real Cute !!! I reckon a Ginetta would be a Blast !!

I guess in that Bygone era,..I have somewhat eclectic tastes,..lol