Srutineering 29th August

stoo23

Srutineering 29th August

Post by stoo23 »

Firstly, my apologize for perhaps 'initially' Reducing some people's "FUN level" on the night BUT I Was asked to scrutineer and much like virtually ANY Slot Car Race I have attended in My whole life, one NEEDS to turn up with a car that 'Complies' with the Rule Set.

It is one thing to point out slight errors and allow a total Newbie to join in and race on the night, if the error is minimal etc but seriously guys, NOT for 'Seasoned' racers ;)

One thing though (and this would obviously need checking and confirming), I am unsure about the Calipers used on the night as they were NOT mine but in saying that, they Did Zero regularly and show 'repeatable' Dimensions when measuring, so Must be within 'Cooee' ;) :)
NB: I'll bring my MITUTOYO's next time !! :) :D

As far as 'suggesting' Foxy had made an Error in the Rules as posted on the ASCRA site, well, having known, raced with and enjoyed the friendship of Mark since we were 15, I can 'Guarantee' that would Not be the case and you would have received a far Sterner and louder response from him 'on the night' than myself, especially (as can easily be seen from the images below), it was a case of 'misreading' of the Rules that caused the apparent 'Issue'.

Honestly guys, the Rules governing overall Width of the Axle/Wheel Combo 'Track or Spur' (as some refer to it) and Chassis have been 3.125" since the Class's inception, ONLY F1 is Wider at 3.250".

This Width, is clearly detailed right up at the Top of the Retro CanAm rules page, whereas the Dimension 'Pointed out to myself' last night is the 'Maximum Width' (of the Body) Measured, Across the Wheel Arches and is further down the page IN the Section governing the Body.

See below:

Retro Rules_2.PNG
Retro Rules_2.PNG (111.31 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Retro Rules_1.PNG
Retro Rules_1.PNG (217.57 KiB) Viewed 1272 times

So PLEASE Guys, Don't 'Squawk' at Me for Not 'Presenting' a Legal Car for Scrutineering !!
Just Imagine the Stories that would evolve had the person with the 3.250" Wide car Won 'On the Night' ;) :) :lol: You ALL Know the Deal ;) :lol:

This was one of the Last few Rounds of a Very Hard fought, fast and close SRC,.. NOT just a Fun club night. :) :!: :)
Mark Fox

Re: Srutineering 29th August

Post by Mark Fox »

Yep

It (the width) is very loud and clear and has been thus since 2008 - so that is about15 years :roll:

There is no point in having a scrutineer if they are not required to pick up infractions FFS.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Rules in this post state .047" clearence for rear of car, yet some events I've attended ncluding some SRC scrutineers are using 1mm of approx 40 thou.
Please clarify.
BTW I've rectified chassis width so it complies with the 3.125" rule
Regards

Chucky
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

BTW I've rectified chassis width so it complies with the 3.125" rule
;) :)
I must admit, I was Surprised :D

Regarding the Rear Clearance;
NOTE - for Seagulls events the rear clearance measure is 1 mm NOT 0.047"
Apart from there I'd suggest it Will Still be .047" as it has Always been.

Why, the Seagulls event Spec's were changed I cannot say, (perhaps Mark or Kim can explain the reasoning behind the change)
I seem to recall some comment about available tyre sizes etc, which if it is the case then one could perhaps also argue the Min' Diameter could be .810", not .812" !! ??

This probably needs more/Further discussion :)