Please UPDATE your Email Addresses ??

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
stoo23

Please UPDATE your Email Addresses ??

Post by stoo23 »

Hi guys, having re-instated these forums on the New Host's servers and considering it had been 'Down' for a while, I figured I'd send out a 'Bulk Email' to ALL of the 'Registered Users',.. Not something We Often Do in fact previously, NEVER I'd venture but a Handy feature for when one Really Needs to.

It may seem some of you Never saw ANY email from us, being: admin@ascra.com.au as it seems it went to Many people's Spam box's :( so perhaps you can check Yours :)

Perhaps intriguingly, I just 'Trawled' through over 40 emails sent to My 'System' email account on the Server, notifying me of 60 or more Incorrect & Unreachable email addresses for Our users !!??

THING IS, quite a Number of the 'Un-deliverable' Email addresses are for Current 'Active' Members who DO occasionally both Log In AND Post / Reply !!

SO,.. Next time you Visit, could you perhaps actually Log In & Check that your current Registered email address IS actually a current email address you still use ??

We Will NOT Be Spamming you or sending you endless streams of emails,... is just Handy to actually Have an address where we Can actually contact you, should the need arise.

Examples of How to Do the Above are in the Following Post :)

Thanks, in advance :)
The Admin' Team
stoo23

Re: Email Addresses ??

Post by stoo23 »

Here you go :)

Select the "User Control Panel", by clicking the Down arrow on your User name and select the User Control Panel.
select ucp_1.png
select ucp_1.png (122.83 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

You will then see this page. You can provide details of various types of Social & Personal contact/Use info' here if you Wish.
select ucp_2.png
select ucp_2.png (133.12 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

Select "Profile" to access the Page that contains your Email Address.
email info_1.png
email info_1.png (113.19 KiB) Viewed 1167 times

Then, Select "Board Choices" to Change your Contact 'Preferences'. Here you can select whether you want Other Members to be able to Contact you Directly via email or Not,.. and to Select Allowing the "Administrators" to contact you. PLEASE Check Yes to this !! :)
contact choices_1.png
contact choices_1.png (135.85 KiB) Viewed 1167 times
Greg Erskine

Post by Greg Erskine »

Thanks Stoo

All working for me.

Email was in SPAM folder, but I check regularly.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Thanks for the reply Greg,.. yeah am looking into the Spam thing but Not sure there is Much I can do about it from Our End :(