HSC 2021 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 1

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

HSC 2021 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 1

Post by stoo23 »

The 2021 HSC Porsche Cup Sprint series got started, with 7 of us 'Fronting Up' to do battle.
SAM_4034.jpg
SAM_4034.jpg (444.33 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Whilst Darryl and Dale were 'missing in action', we were joined by Wayne & Cody, along with Rodney and our Old racing buddy Brad decided to have a run with us, with a 'loaner' from Wayne.

Race 1

Wayne, Rodney & Brad lined up for the start and whilst It can often be a bit 'dreary' running 2 x races with so few competitors in each 'heat', this race proved to be a 'cracker' !!
SAM_4035.jpg
SAM_4035.jpg (358.66 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Whilst the laps and advantage shifted a bit as people transitioned through their Purple & Black brackets, it was realistically quite close, especially towards the closing stages.

Rodney started to progress forward after running the outside lanes early and by the time both Wayne and Brad had done similar, (mid Race), at the end of the 6th bracket, we had Wayne (who had held 1st from the start), on 234, with Brad on 233 and Rodney on 232 !!

The following bracket had Brad chasing hard and occasionally getting in front of Wayne and to take the lead, (after Wayne made an error), only to lose it with an error himself, so the two of them remained a lap apart going into the last bracket, with Rodney 2 laps behind Brad after Red.

The final bracket looked like being a very close run thing, with all 3 on good lanes and Was, until Wayne started having Controller issues, which dropped him from the battle for the lead but Rodney and Brad, had a great 'tussle' to the end, with Brad eventually coming out on top with 313 laps, ahead of Rodney on 312 followed by Wayne (who had finally changed controllers), on 300 laps.
Scan_20210411.jpg
Scan_20210411.jpg (126.26 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Brad certainly seemed to enjoy his initial run with the Porsche and was great to see him back racing again at HSC.

Race 2

Mark, John, Cody & myself lined up for this race, which I think we All knew was going to be both fast & hard and probably (relatively) close,.. depending on Cody's performance on the evening,.. lol
SAM_4036.jpg
SAM_4036.jpg (444.15 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
I got off to a Great start and had an appreciable gap over the rest after a few laps after starting on green, until rather surprisingly, I came off, whilst entering the main straight !!??

Not something I or my car tends to do on Any lane, let alone green and whilst this would instantly be a 'track call',.. Brad, (who was holding the button, standing in for the Usual Joe), was having difficulty getting it to work and stop the racing,... unfortunately putting a slight 'dampener' on my initial first bracket run and lead, which left me in last place after the first bracket.
Cody in 1st, Mark 2nd and John 3rd.

As was expected, this Did prove to be a very Fast race, with All of us turning great times and Lap Totals, race long, with Mark definitely keeping Cody honest as they both ran the outside lanes,.. Both of them ending the 4th & 5th brackets on the same laps !!

After similarly 'dispensing' with purple & black, I managed to get back to only 1 lap behind Mark but Cody had pulled a 4 lap advantage over Mark, who had a less than perfect run of only 38 on black with Cody turning a 42 on yellow.

John was once again, devilishly fast at times but was making a few 'unforced' errors which dropped him 'slightly' behind the 3 of us.

Mark and I managed to get 1 lap closer to Cody by the end of the 7th bracket, with Mark continuing to hold a 1 lap advantage over myself and it was obvious we were Both trying damn hard turning the same laps and both doing 42's in the last bracket, but Cody pulled a 44 on his favourite White lane to increase his final advantage over us, taking a fine win.

As can be seen from the Race sheet below, Cody Was in Fine 'Form,.. managing to turn the Fastest laps on All lanes and the High total for the night !!
SAM_4038.jpg
SAM_4038.jpg (447.81 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
Scan_20210411 (2).jpg
Scan_20210411 (2).jpg (160.95 KiB) Viewed 3089 times
All in all,.. just another Great and very enjoyable evenings racing at HSC !!!
dtslot

Re: HSC 2021 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 1

Post by dtslot »

Great report Stoo, sounds like it was a good night of fast racing,,,,,well done all !!!!! sorry to have missed out,, but will be there for the next one for sure
Darryl
Mark Fox

Re: HSC 2021 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 1

Post by Mark Fox »

Nice report Stoo - it was a great night - Cody was just too fast for us old fellas.
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"