HSC 2020 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 2 (6)

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results, for More 'Scale Related' Model Cars.
stoo23

HSC 2020 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 2 (6)

Post by stoo23 »

Well, after a rather lengthy Covid 19 pause to All racing, it was great to have some regular Club racing happening again and partucularly the continuation of, (what would have been Round 6 but is effectively Round 2), of the HSC Porsche Cup Sprint series.

As with all previous rounds, the Porsche Cup, is held on the same night as the Wing 12 racing and as I guess could perhaps be expected, numbers overall, were down a bit compared to what could be regarded as normal but all in all, a happy little bunch of 10 of us, turned up for Both events.

With so few entrants, (5 in each category), it mean't we had a few 'Spare' bod's who could perform Marshalling duties for each other, which allowed us to have one (1) race for each category, which certainly made sense and at least allowed for a more appropriate Race.

This time around, we had what could be described as the Loyal 'Usual Suspects' being John, Darryl, Mark, Dale & myself (Stoo) turn up to race, which also mean't it wouldn't be too crowded at the Drivers panel, especially as James, (in an attempt to provide suitable Covid 19 personal spacing), had provided Extension Leads for all of us to use between Controller and Track.
This allowed us to appropriately Space ourselves apart whilst driving and with a Slight increase in available Track Voltage, certainly seemed to provide very similar overall Performance compared to previous (normal) performance.
SAM_3989_m.jpg
SAM_3989_m.jpg (371.61 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
It has to be said that Everyone made a fantastic Start, with literally All of us arriving at the first corner in a bunch and with due caution and great driving by everyone, we all made it around and through the next few corners safely.

Mark being on White, made it to the first corner ever so slightly ahead of myself on Green and so with discretion invariably provng to be the greater part of Valour, I chose to slot in behind him and continue.

My car certainly seemed to have good Pace and by following Mark closely around the first lap, I was fortunate to be able to 'nip' past around the back section, to emerge in the lead very early in the first bracket.

Everyone was motoring along well, with all of us turning 30 laps, apart from Dale, who seemed to have a bit of a shocker on Black, very unusually for him, doing Only 25 :o :? :(

Whilst I had gained a 1 lap advantage over Mark, he was certainly 'keeping me honest' for the next few brackets. I managed to stay ahead, even after Purple, but dropped to 2nd after the 4th bracket when on Black, with Mark moving ahead into first, with a 1 lap advantage.

Once again, John's car was fast and whilst a couple of laps down to Mark and myself, he and Darryl, were seeminly very evenly matched, with John moving into 3rd after the 3rd bracket with only a couple of laps between them.

I managed to regain the lead in the 5th bracket, with John also moving ahead of Mark, who had an unusually poor run on Purple, with Darryl also moving ahead of Mark (when on Black) during the 6th bracket, with a great run on White turning 31 laps.

Dale seemed to be having a somewhat uncharacteristically poor run, perhaps having, or being involved with a few of the generally low number of incidents and not really being able to make much 'headway', not helped by the low laps on Black and a bit of a 'shocker' on Red. Perhaps merely a bit 'Rusty' on this track, with these cars and will hopefully be performing better in the upcoming rounds.

Darryl, had managed to get onto the same lap as John, by the 7th bracket with the two of them holding a couple of laps advantage over Mark, who seemed to be also having an uncharacteristically poor evening, compared to his normal performances.

I managed to have a great run in the last 3 x brackets, even managing to do a cople of 32's on White & Red, to increase my advantage over John & Darryl, who were having a Great race long battle, to eventually finish on the same lap as each other, after Darryl turned in a 32 on Green, with John still having the advantage to finish 2nd.
SAM_3991_m.jpg
SAM_3991_m.jpg (337.53 KiB) Viewed 3295 times
Overall, it was a great evenings racing, (as could be expected really), with everyone's car running well and was realistically a pretty clean race.
I was surprised and pleasantly pleased both by my own car's Pace and with my own driving, considering the length of the racing 'layoff',.. (last race being in February), managing to only have a couple of silly unforced 'Off's' :D
HSC 2020 Porsche Cup Enduro 640.jpg
HSC 2020 Porsche Cup Enduro 640.jpg (160.78 KiB) Viewed 3283 times
Amazingly perhaps, the overall finishing order, was Exactly the same, as the Previous First round of this series !!
Point Score: http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1555

Once again, another very enjoyable evening of racing at HSC, with the track in great 'condition', with perhaps the only down side being the slightly shortened bracket lengths of Only 3 minutes, compared to the 5 minute brackets of the previous series and the 4 minute brackets of Round 1.

These cars are great to drive and I personally really enjoy the slightly longer bracket length and find the extra minute or two can really make a difference to one's race, often allowing you to 'catch up' through good driving after any incidents etc.

Thanks once again to James and to all that turned up to race, as well as the Wing 12 drivers for assistance in marshalling to allow us to have a good race etc.

See you all at the next round ;) :)
Mark Fox

Re: HSC 2020 Slotworx Porsche Cup Sprint Rnd 2 (6)

Post by Mark Fox »

Great report Stoo.

I was definitely off your pace and overall did not get my 'flow' happening on the night.

Good racing by the top three.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"