whats needed..

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
Qld Mick

whats needed..

Post by Qld Mick »

What do we need to do ta get more racers to attend all raceways..

Example one of the most traveled Racers & Track owner can only manage to get a piss poor turn out like that on the weekend , any way those who attended enjoyed...

Qld Mick.....
CAB77

Re: whats needed..

Post by CAB77 »

I would love to attend all races at all tracks. Due to work commitments and the fact that I have my own Raceway to deal with its hard.

I would like to see all tracks hold one major race a year where they try and attract out of state drivers. With only the the track holding the Nats for that year having 2 races a year. This way we could spread the races over the whole year and increase our chances of getting more visiting drivers.

To help attract more drivers to travel we could make all races a part of a National series. This way a track could try and hold more then one event a year but only one race would be part of the National series.

I would like to see if we did do a series a Sedan Driving Champ and Wing Car Champ. Sedan Class Consisting of a Touring Car body eg 16D's or falcon 7, Lemans Style body either S16D or Wasps and GTP12. Then the Wing Car classes.

Once again sorry Geoff really wanted to come.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
keith

Post by keith »

I guess the two recent races in question recently in Melbourne were unappealing to me as it was clear that most interstate racers are unable to attend both races within approx a month. It seemed to me likely that both fields would be small, so a sort of vicious circle was set up. It's not appealing to make preparations and travel arrangements when potential fields are limited. A Catch 22 really. It would be nice to go to all wing car races but to be honest, for me it's just not possible with family/work/other commitments. (Just too many races in too short a period).

I guess also that being a QLD (Brisbane) based racer it is easy to loose interest for periods as we have no place to play wing cars anyway.

It must be disappointing for the track owners too, sorry Geoff and Peter for not being able to make it down to either of the races.

K
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Dont take this the wrong way guys but when my dad and i used to race over in the us (scale and wing) we were racing every weekend and we didnt have any problems so i dont understand why its so hard for some guys to race once a month. What i also dont understand is that some racers, im not pointing fingers love the hobby so much but they wont travel to these interstate event because they dont want to go alone or they make up some excuse to not go.

kid kaos
mudd75

Post by mudd75 »

Love the hobby but if traveling to much the wife will rip me a new a$$hole !!!

No need to loose interest Keith I think there is a track at Browns plains you can play/test on.
keith

Post by keith »

I'd be interested if I could race on it, racing is the best form of testing. : :idea: