THE BROCK

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
code red

THE BROCK

Post by code red »

Don't we normally race the Brock at King Willies? Could somebody explain to me why the Brock is now at Dandenong in October? Don't get me wrong, I love to race at Peter's track but he is already holding the winter nats (that I will be going to). Wouldn't that leave the next race in Melbourne to be at Goeff's. Don't think I can manage a trip back the following month and I would much prefer things as they were. Does any body else have any thoughts? :?
Timmy Tyler

Re: THE BROCK

Post by Timmy Tyler »

I can't explain it either. Mobile Raceways has managed to snaffle TWO major race weekends this year, leaving King Willy's with nothing. I don't know how it happened, and nor do I think it's fair on Geoff.

I congratulate MR on putting on a decent race for Queen's Birthday, but I do think it's a bit rich to grab the Brock as well.
Qld Mick

Post by Qld Mick »

Well lets have a HUGE turn out for KING WILLYS RACE in 4 weeks that should help...
So who IS & who Aint goin.. :?:
Qld Mick...
mrslotcar

THE BROCK - Devil if we do, and the devil if we don’t!

Post by mrslotcar »

Don't we normally race the Brock at King Willies? Could somebody explain to me why the Brock is now at Dandenong in October?

You must be racing only every second year at K.W. at the Brock since 2004 if you never knew it was also held every other year at M.R.
The Brock was first run at M.R. in 2005, then in 2007 and is proposed to run again in 2009, as posted here on this forum and on the M.R. forum back in April! The M.R. Winter Nats were also posted on this forum in April 2009, and on the M.R. forum back in AUG 2008. So why are these queries raised on the day before we start the Winter Nats event?
I almost cancelled the W.Nats event sometime ago over the concerns on maybe having too small a number of entries due to the impending wedding on the same weekend. But then I got some re-assuring phone calls to say that I should go ahead with the W.Nats. So you can see I was prepared to cancel the W.Nats if the need be.
Furthermore, it’s been a task trying to snare a weekend that we can call our own, and host an annual M.R. event, because the enthusiasm from local racers and intersate has been positive for us to declare such an annual race. Devil if we do, and the devil if we don’t!
... So go figure.
Qld Mick

Post by Qld Mick »

So pick a weekend Pete ...

Qld Mick..
mrslotcar

Post by mrslotcar »

I did Mick ... devil if i do, and the devil if i don't

wish u could have made it .. our new winged keel did produce better times and lap scores.
Qld Mick

Post by Qld Mick »

Next Race...

Qld mick.
Qld Mick

Post by Qld Mick »

I reckon Mobile Raceways holds a race june long weekend ,call it what ya like, the Brock in october at King Willys..
What do ya think. Just my 2 bobs worth .

Qld Mick........ :roll:
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Peter,

I've kept quiet on this for a while. I think it might be time to speak up.

Do you think it maybe a bit unfair for you to have the Winter Nats every year (Assuming it is an annual event) and the Brock every second year when we only get the Brock every second year.

I would be quite happy to alternate the two races.

Geoff
mrslotcar

Post by mrslotcar »

sounds like a plan bro ...

lets do it (hmmm ... sounds like a Nike ad !!!)

do you have a better name than the winter nats?

Maybe the "Victorian State Titles" , VST for short (that will fit on our trophies much better then!)

I'll post something on the M.R. forum about this proposal and see if anyone has a good name for the event.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Vic Titles sounds good to me.

So do I get both races next year????

Geoff
mrslotcar

Post by mrslotcar »

FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

I think you should go with the State titles Race
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
code red

Post by code red »

Sounds like a good result for mug racers like me, at least for next year onwards. Thanks everyone for their input. :D
chadly

Post by chadly »

dont forget about S.A.'s Adam Miller (i think its being passed around between states ATM). SA might have a nice King up and going in the next few years!

;)
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!