US Nats

lindsayb

US Nats

Post by lindsayb »

First day today, went to Pit for Tommy's nephew in AM Box 12. The kid did really well, 11 years of age - struggled on black with timing the lead on but apart from that had a very clean race - finished fourth but without the black issues would have won AM box 12.

I got offered the car for pro-box and was going to run to help make up numbers - but the car (a Joe Redmond built car) was a duplicate of Joe's car and thought that may cause confusion, Rich Curnutte lent me a body but the decision to run ended up being minutes from the start. Car was good but we just were not prepared - ran out of tyres (because we had not prepped any). Got to the mid way point was in second, 4 laps off the lead when they did a mid race tech, got pinged with the car being too wide as I had thrown one JK rimmed tyre on (because expect a tech and existing tyres wound not make height) - By the time we got that sorted we had moved to third where we stayed.

Liked the track - you need to drive it but it is predictable. Having fun.

Will update later - next race I15.
lindsayb

Re: US Nats

Post by lindsayb »

Pro I15, finished 3rd today - was not fast enough - fasted lap time was a good .15 slower than the rest of the field. Did finish on the same lap as second - about 20ft behind.

Built and pitted the 3rd place AM car, which Tommy,s nephew drove.
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Well done Lindsay a place in each event you were in congrats
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Yes well done. Keep up the good work.
dennist

Post by dennist »

Good luck in the "big" races Lindsay.

PA said that the maximum duro tires racers ordered for the track were 34's and many had ordered smaller than max hubs.

What happened to you in the Geezer race.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

Hit someone in geeza Put a dent in the pin tube. Couldn't get a pin in, body got destroyed so I pulled the car. Was running second when broke. Ran 27l today finished 5th won my heat by a good margin. Les won
dennist

Post by dennist »

Well done Lindsay, looks like you were in the first heat which makes it harder.

Les used Koford "Spec" tires I see.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

They seem to be the pic of the tyres for here - work well - I used a combination of Alpha 615's and Jet 34's. They were just as good.

First race was a crashfest.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

All finished now - ran OMO had motor issues - just not quick enough - finished 8th.

Lined up for semipro rather than pro for Grp 7 - ran well was either first or second throughout the race - car would not move on black last heat - managed 40 laps but could only run straight up - dropped from being 20 laps up on 3rd to 4th.