KING WILLYS CHRISTMAS CUP 2015

Pontiac Jack

KING WILLYS CHRISTMAS CUP 2015

Post by Pontiac Jack »

Forget the Nationals !! Forget the Brock !! Don't worry about the State Titles!!!!
The race that stops a nation....Well,parts of the Western suburbs.....OK,the end bit of Champion Rd. :roll: .....
THE 2015 KING WILLYS CHRISTMAS CUP has been run and won!!!!

After a slightly delayed start (Santa made Bruce stay back to help the other elves :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ),we settled in for a big day of fast race action.
This year's Chrissy Cup was run Lightning Premiership style. One minute brackets with a 45 second lane change. It ensures plenty of fast,close racing. No qualifying,just pick a lane to start on and LETS GO RACING!!! 8-)

First up was Flexi Hawk Dysons....
This was anybodies race,but Geoff put together 8 perfect brackets to take the win.
1st. Geoff. 105
2nd. Andy. 104
3rd. Bruce. 102

Next up W12....
We almost didn't run 12s coz Bruce's car had an issue ...err....no motor!
Geoff to the rescue and we're racin' !...

Wing 12
1st. Geoff. 161
2nd. Andy. 156
3rd. Bruce. 153

A bloke called Mark wandered in to run a hire car around for a while so we took a break and Bruce picked up a few driving tips from him. It actually paid off too :o ....

International 15.
This was the race of the day. But we had a small false start due to Bruce's colour blindness.
Once we got going,the racing was fast and close. Every one lead for a couple of brackets with only a couple of feet between us for most of the race. In the end,Geoff got there by a couple feet. Does anyone see a pattern emerging?..... :roll:

Int 15
1st. Geoff. 165
2nd. Andy. 165
3rd. Bruce. 164

With the temperature hovering around 45°,we decided to make 27L the last event for the day.
Instead of the 7&1/2 bracket motors I've been building recently,I came up with a 7&1/2 minute motor :oops: :roll:
Again,there was about a lap between us for most of the race,but my motor was dying and Bruce decided to take continual short cuts between the Dead man and the 90 :roll:
And Geoff cruised to another victory.

27 Lite
1st. Geoff. 190
2nd. Andy. 188
3rd. Bruce. 180

Congratulations to this year's CHRISTMAS CUP winner, Geoff - 4 races,4 wins!!

That's it for the 2015 season at KING WILLYS.
We've had some great events this year, a lot of good racing and a heap of laughs.

There will be a couple of "Summer Series" races but dates are yet to be set.

See ya at the races!!
Cheers,Andy
Bruce

Re: KING WILLYS CHRISTMAS CUP 2015

Post by Bruce »

Hmmmmm, the delayed start was due to Andy St.Ringer
NOT BEING AT THE TRACK UNTIL dentist time!!!!!!! :roll:
Stupid cars.
Congratulations to the winner GEOFF.
Andy was the first loser and I came third. :D

Happy Motoring
Mr Wilson