NATS 2016

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
ozproducts

NATS 2016

Post by ozproducts »

?
CAB77

Re: NATS 2016

Post by CAB77 »

Going to Slick 7 Raceway in Mackay.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
rosco

Post by rosco »

Hi All,

The rules for the 2016 Australian Nats have been posted. You can find them on our website.

http://www.slick7raceway.com.au/wp/wp-c ... 6-Nats.pdf
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

Hi Roscoe,

thanks for getting the rules up nice an early

in wing 12 motor rules i couldn't see if you need to run oilites or you can run ball races?

I assume as the rules didn't specify oilites you can run ball racers but i remember some discussion re motor oilites a while ago so just clarifying.

I may start wing 12 racing again so i would like some clarification on the endbell hardware also. for example say you run a redfox can and a proslot endbell does that mean you choose either red fox or proslot endbell hardware?

thanks
mick
rosco

Post by rosco »

Mick,

You can use Bearings in both ends of the motor as written in the rules in both GTP12 and Wing 12
"Notching for axle clearance. Removal of paint to facilitate soldering Oilite hole may be centred. A small hole may be drilled in each side of the can to aid in the gluing of magnets (2mm max) bearing permitted in both ends of motor. Any full can height, single piece ceramic magnet may be used."

As for your endbell hardware spec, I don't believe there is a ruling on what endbell hardware you are required to use, however I will endeavour to find out.

Perhaps Carl could help us out on this question??

Cheers,
Ross
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Hi Mick
you can run any can with any endell and any hardware
ie Cahoza can, koford endbell and proslot hardware any magnet so long as it is a full height c can magnet and it is a single piece and must be ceramic
hope this helps
you may not modify the endbell,can or the hardware
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Thank you Guru

On another note. As we all know Group F is intended as a beginner class. So as a simple rule if you plan on running Opens please exclude yourself from this class. Also this class will be sponsored by Bodies By Cody.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
rosco

Post by rosco »