wing 12 rule change

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
ozproducts

wing 12 rule change

Post by ozproducts »

Raceworld Australia is now allowing Ball Bearings in the endbell for group 12 classes GTP-12 and Wing -12.Yes this rule will also be for next year Nats along with the NO weight rule.
Wayne
FC RACING

Re: wing 12 rule change

Post by FC RACING »

Why do you want to do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Because the latest batch of cahoza motors the 0ilite is wearing out vvvery quickly, so just put a bearing in then no worries mate. At first I thought they where not oiling them. But then I raced one and Lindsay. We didn't get a whole race out of them.
Wayne
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Really don't seem to have that problem with proslot or SLick7 oilites
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Seems like a knee jerk reaction to a small problem. Same issue with supers a few years back with can oilites.

Considering this is a nats any rule changes should go to a vote. You can have any rule you like at club level but their has to be some sort of consistency in National events. This is the biggest problem with not actually having a committee in this sport.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
David R

Post by David R »

Wayne that problem is only with Cahoza and Koford endbells . Use a Fox or a Proslot endbell and problem solved.

a Fastones G12 motor with Proslot endbell
Attachments
Beuf G12 Fox endbell.jpg
Beuf G12 Fox endbell.jpg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 16666 times
Fastones motor.jpg
Fastones motor.jpg (42 KiB) Viewed 16669 times
michael

Post by michael »

Why didn't you call it Waynes World .
Qld Mick.
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Braid come up on Bathurst and in there track call they got to work on there cars. So while your changing random rules maybe we should change that so we can work on our cars.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

I have been giving this a lot of thought if you want to have bearings in the endbell and no weight limit thats OK
just remember that any records will not count as NATIONAL records as RULES need to be changed by a vote at a Nationals after that class by the racers
I Have fielded lots phone call this weekend about this and none of them are in favor of bearings in the endbell and the no weight limit is a JOKE
I urge you to reconsider your choices
rosco

Post by rosco »

Wayne,

I have only been racing for the last 3 years and on a national level over the last 12 months. I will focus on the Wing 12 class as it seems all your guys care more about wing cars over sedans. For what the track owners are pushing as the entry level Wing class it is a stupid idea. I have six(probably the smallest number out of the travelling drivers) group 12 motors and if we go with what you are suggesting I will need to send all six motors to get rebuilt with bearings to stay competitive.

So lets look at it from a logical position. Change the motors to have bearings and gain lets say a tenth of a second on lap times. Then remove the weight limit(on average I have 6 grams of weight on my car) and lets say that's close enough to another tenth. If we look at the qualify lap times from Rocky. Wing12 - 2.51 So now lets take 2 tenths off and you are left with 2.31 lap time. Now we are at the same paces as Int 15 which at rocky was also 2.31 So I may as well just race Int 15. Easier car to drive and less motors required.

Why would you change an entry level class so be the equivalent to another class? Its a known fact that people don't wake up and decide they will take up slot car racing, so why make it more expensive to the rookie racer that we are trying to convince to travel and race entry level Wing car racing.

On a final note, it is clear by the others that have replied to your ridiculous idea that you are doing this because of a problem with one or two manufacturer products. I personally have not had this problem with any of my motors and I have motors from three different motor builders.

Coming from someone that hasn't attended any of the recent national events, I feel you are not in a position to make these changes on a national level event level. As others have stated, I have no problem with you changing rules at your own track for 'non national' events. That is completely your call. However, as for changing it for national events I think this needs to be voted on and I personally will be voting against.

Ross.
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

Hi

i know there have been mostly negative posts re changes

But remember
People in favour of it will be silent.
Those in dis-favour will be vocal.

and whether there is a silent majority .. i don't know.

The new rules at Raceworld make complete sense as the track is fast, not even open cars need wait on the nose.

mt
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Now that's a good idea lets form a National Committee to vote on Rule changes for the Nationals.
NSW....Lindsay Byron
Vic???????
Qld??????
So lets once and for all DO it right, as it used to be.
Wayne
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

I don't think the ball race is going to change performance a great deal, if any. This is more of a reliability issue, so if you are happy with the bronze bush that you have dont have to change it. Just be warned that with the bank speed and around the back of the track the loads on bearings are greater. I expect the lap time difference from a bronze bush to a bearing will have less impact in lap times than the length of your braids.

So after seeing them fail first hand - I support the change.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Lindsay/Wayne,

Not sure where I stand on this one, from my limited knowledge I can't see why this is an issue on Raceworld and not on other tracks such as Rocky and Browns Plains.

If it is just the latest batch of Cahoza motors/setups wouldn't a better solution be to change to another brand of oilite or even endbell.

And then there is the point of those who have 8 to 10 G12 motors, and that is what you need to race this "Beginners" class seriously, can they afford the cost of replacing oilites with bearings in every one of those motors, and in the case of most of theses guys it is just to race in one race ie the 2015 Nats.

BTW we race Wing 12 every week at King Wiilys, I have also raced them at Rocky, Mackay and Browns Plains recently and the endbell oilite hasn't been an issue at all.

Regards,

Geoff
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

I am not keen on making a comparison will the USA but Gerding tracks are the norm and their rules are still oilite in the endbell and 72 Grams does not seem to be an issue over there