2014 NQDC Results

CAB77

2014 NQDC Results

Post by CAB77 »

Results are being posted here https://www.facebook.com/Slick7Raceway and at the end of the day http://www.slick7raceway.com.au/wp/?page_id=290 for the complete race result file.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
CAB77

Re: 2014 NQDC Results

Post by CAB77 »

Thanks to all for another great weekend. The track this year was the best it has ever been and produced some really great racing. Thanks to the whole Hancock family for all there help over the weekend. All my local guys that help me prepare the track.

Special thanks to the guys that travelled. Geoff as always supporting so many races on the calendar. Ben from the Gold Coast who did an such an excellent job for the first visit to my track. And of coarse the Rocky boys. Thank you very much Carl for the motor in open qualifying. Got me my first sub 2 second Lap on my track.

Junior Tourers 8 Entries

TQ Codey 4.397 (new track record for any hawk powered car)

1st Jayden 186 Laps
2nd Klay 184 Laps
3rd Chelsea 177 Laps

Race was dominated early by Klay having built up a few lap lead by the 4th Bracket. Going on to Black ran in to some dramas with traffic allowing Jayden to take the lead. Jayden drove a solid race to hold on.

Nascar Trucks Tourer 14 Entries

TQ Adrian Bycroft 4.565

1st Adrian Bycroft 298 Laps
2nd Ross Gay 291 Laps
3rd Col Neaton 280 Laps

Final was a tough race to get in to. Was dominated by Ross and Adrian. Adrian managed to pull away in the last few brackets to manage a comfortable win. First time he has won this race at his own track.

F1 8 Entries

TQ Ross 4.531

1st Ross Gay 305 Laps
2nd Col Neaton 293 Laps
3rd Geoff Little 283 Laps

Race was a real hot battle between Col and Ross going in to the 5th bracket on the same lap. Col set a new lap record in the 5th bracket of 4.500 before hitting another car coming out of the lead on and breaking a gear losing 10 laps. Ross controlled the race after that taking his first win for the weekend.

LMP S16D 10 Entries

TQ Ben Sclater 3.986 New Track Record

1st Ben Sclater 332 Laps New Track Record
2nd Jim Ogilvie 328 Laps
3rd Geoff Little 327 Laps

With 10 entries we just ran to 5 man finals. Top qualifiers in the 2nd race. That final was the race of the weekend. It was just so close all race. Ben drove extremely well all race to hold on to the win. Breaking the bracket lap record 3 times to do it.

GTP 12 9 Entries

TQ Jim 3.466

1st Ross Gay 372 Laps
2nd Geoff Little 369 Laps
3rd Col Neaton 368 Laps

Another close race with 2 finals. Ross was in the first final and put up a good total. Halfway through the 2nd race it did look like Ross would only end up as 4th. Then Col had a slight rookie error with a lane sticker lost him the lead. Brad put in a incredible drive on Black of 50 laps a new bracket record setting up a lead heading in to the last few brackets. Then Brad lost a wheel in the first few moments of the last bracket losing 8 laps. Handing Ross his 2nd win of the weekend.

Wing 10 10 Entries

TQ Ian Johnson 3.118 New Track Record

1st Ross Gay 409 Laps
2nd Ben Sclater 392 Laps
3rd Ian Johnson 389 Laps

This was a close race for the first half with lots of lead changes between Ross, Jim and Ben. Jim ran in to motor troubles handing the race over to Ben and Ross. Ross had a extremely fast run home taking the win comfortably by the end. Well done to Ian for getting a podium at last.

Spray 27 8 entries

TQ Dan Roberts 2.229

1st Dan Roberts 764 Laps New Track record by 43 laps
2nd Adrian Bycroft 733 Laps
3rd Geoff Little 719 Laps

This race was a straight forward one for Roundy. Completely dominated for the whole race. Doing 100 laps in the last bracket to really show us who was boss.

Opens 5 Entries

TQ 1.985 Adrian Bycroft New track record. (I really wanted this sub 2 second lap on my track)

1st Dan Roberts 930 Laps
2nd Adrian Bycroft 883 Laps
3rd Geoff Little 876 Laps

This race was all but Geoff's race. He had the worse bracket anyone could imagine handing the win to Roundy. 133 Laps in the last bracket for a new bracket record to Adrian to relegate poor old Geoff to 3rd. Special mention to Brad who put his car back on with no Braid to leave room on the podium for me lol.

Overall results
1st Ross Gay 182
2nd Geoff Little 167
3rd Ben Sclater 157
4th Col Neaton 154
5th Brad Cathcart 143
6th Chelsea Bycroft 123
7th Ian Johnson 119
8th Adrian Bycroft 119
9th Klay Hancock 113
10th Dan Roberts 104

Ross with 3 race wins takes home the overall. Geoff with his 5 podiums took 2nd again and 5th straight year of being on the podium. Ben beat home Col for 3rd which is well done for a first visit to this track. Well done to all and thank you for making this weekend what it is. I hope to see more next year as always.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

First can i say the track was bloody brilliant
I was only there on Sunday but i have to say the highlight of the day was Adrian elation to run a 1.9 reminded my of my reaction to that 1.671 at 2007 Nats
so happy you turned that 1.9
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
brad

Post by brad »

Thanks to Adrian and family for a great weekend.
Totally enjoyable, great local racers and there is no more hospitable raceway.
Brad.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Thanks again to Adrian, Barb, Kenny and Chey for the usual exceptional North Queensland hospitality, this weekend is a highlight of the race calendar.

Well done to the winners, and indeed all who competed. Well done to Adrian and co for the work on the track, it has improved one hundred per cent over the last five years.

And thanks to Round Man, Ross and Chey for the taxi service.

Can't wait for next year.

Geoff
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Just on how much the track has improved. 2008 GTP 12 was won with 285 laps and now 370 isn't enough. 2008 27's was won with 480 and that was by Mr Dimmers. Round man did a cool 764 Laps.

My track will never be a speed bowl but is no longer a scary place to drive. I used a 414Z for opens this year. A spun pinion and a motor expiring let me down. The car went around fine. It was basically the same car I used to win at rocky a month earlier.

Rules for next year are already in the first draft. I hope to post them soon.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway