Want Photos of OLD Waitara Tracks !!

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
stoo23

Want Photos of OLD Waitara Tracks !!

Post by stoo23 »

Hi Guys, I'm Seriously looking for & Interested in getting Hold of ANY Photos that anyone may have of the OLD 'Original' Tracks that were built by Kevin Thurston when Waitara Raceway started Waaay back in the 1960's.

Sadly, I have NOT been able to find ANY Photos of the Original 10 Lane FLAT Track & the ONLY photos I have of the Banked track are of it in various stages of Demolition, when the track area was being modified to have the later Garry J tracks installed when it became HSC,.. (after the Peter Carolin Era).

I Know the 10 Lane Track ended up being purchased and Installed at a Raceway out near Campbelltown, (Near Lurneah Station I believe), that also had a New track by Kim Axton.
So if anyone has any Pics of it when it was there That Would atleast be Better than what I have Now !!,..LOL

If Only we All Had Mobiles that could take pictures back then LOL
stoo23

Re: Want Photos of OLD Waitara Tracks !!

Post by stoo23 »

Sadly it would seem NO one has come forward with Any photos, here or on the other forums a similar request was made.

If it was today, Every 'Man and his Dog', would have a gazillion pics ..... on their Phone,.. :) ;) :D

Seemingly existent ONLY in a few peoples, ... 'Memories'