Flexi front wheels ??

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
BYATSUYS

Flexi front wheels ??

Post by BYATSUYS »

WHY? Are the front wheels in place to do something or there for looks?Even when I had to run them at HSC I made sure thev DID NOT do anything and I would do same again.The JK,Mid- America and Mosettis dont need them,as shown by the c-26 so why bother with something that flogs out after 2 races if they are touchjng.They run these things around great big flat tracks in Europe with Open motors at a pretty good pace without front wheels,why do we need them on a 25k motor.Sorry I cant see the value of them.Its just more maint.for nothing. Regards BRAD.
stoo23

Re: Flexi front wheels ??

Post by stoo23 »

NB: Admin Edit/Move of Topic.
Hi Brad,.. I Moved your query here, (As The Intention with the "Rules' Section was to try and Keep it Free of General Discussion), so as Not to clutter it Up etc.

Please Note though, that the Flexi Rules (As Posted),.. ARE 'Listed' as "Proposed" National Rules and therefore Unless having been recently 'Adopted' by Other Raceways, relate Mainly to How the Specified Classes are implemented and Raced at Seagull's and are Not in Any way 'Suggesting' that Local Events or Races MUST comply Per Se.

PLUS,.. if you read carefully, it is ONLY The 'Limited' Sedan Class (Utilising the Older 'Motor On Top of the Chassis') style of Flexi Chassis that Requires the Use of Actual Rotating Front Wheels on an Axle as such.

All Other 'Proposed' National Flexi Classes specify Front Wheels as either Optional or Not Required.
I Hope that helps Clear things up a bit :)

Personally I find it Odd that Interiors Aren't Required ?? and Not Only in these Flexi Classes.
I 'Noted' when thinking of perhaps racing some 1/32 Plastic Cars at Slotties (up the Coast near me), that Interiors, could be Removed !!??,.. I mean,.. Really ???
It is One thing for a 'Wing Car' perhaps to Not have an Interior, but a Full Scale Replica Scalextric Car ???

I remember Almost packing Up & going Home one morning many years ago at G&D, after realizing I had Not Masked my Windows on my Grp20 Body (Painted Early in the Wee Hours prior to the Race LOL) and it created Such a Furore,.. even Though I Did have an Interior 'Fitted' !!??
Thankfully Geoff could see the Silly/Funny side of it and let me stay and race :)
BYATSUYS

Post by BYATSUYS »

Hi Everybody.I realised when I first seen these rules they were proposed and its the right of each track owner to adjust them and I fully realise its only 25k affected here.Now I would really like to head up to Seagulls in June to have a go in the Flexi Champs.So I come on the Forum to check out which motor they want to use etc.Now I am looking at a whole different car to the ones I raced with most of you [rules wise] a few short months ago.I would like to know the reasons behind "mandatory front wheels " and "motor must sit ontop of chassis".I am currently updating all my chassis but building a car to these.specs is not a problem as you all know but I would really like to know the reasoning behind the changes.The speed differance between a 25k and a GT1 is pretty big anyhow so why make a slow car just that bit slower.A dont for get these are proposed NATIONAL which means all comers are affected on the big raceday.I would really like to hear the reasonig Stoo.The chassis change is a real mystery.Regards BRAD.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

:) Hey,.. Beats Me !!!!,.. LOL
Need to ask Foxy or Kim for those answers :)
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Brad'

Just to get everything straight I drafted these rules along with many others that we race with - BUT - I do not set the actual parameters on which they are drafted.

So in respect of your queries which relate to the Production Sedan class as proposed.

Firstly this is an 'old school' Flexi class they run at Seagulls and the idea is that all the old Flexi's out there are able to compete on a level playing ground and not have to run a late model JK Aeolus

"the reasons behind "mandatory front wheels "
"motor must sit on top of chassis"

WHY
Because that is the way they run them at Seagulls as part of the old school Flexi concept.
(Wheels do not need to be in play / do not have to touch the track)

The fact that we were able to run a JK Aeolus at Lemon Tree was an instance of the Raceway owner varying the rules (that Kim had sent down quite some time previously) as was his right.

So in fact there has been no 'change' and I hope this explanation solves you mystery.

BTW we raced these cars at Seagulls last weekend and used the Cheetah IV motor as proposed for the race and they go like stink!!!

This way we end up with three distinct Flexi Classes.

Limited Sedan
Old School flexi.
Production JK LMP/GT1
Off the shelf RTR.
Open GTP
Rocket Ship Class

BTW the Flexi race at Seagulls will now be the 3 Flexi classes plus Retro CanAm (by popular demand).

Hope this helps.

Regards
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
BYATSUYS

Post by BYATSUYS »

Thanks Mark.Understand fully now.Hope you can understand why I wanted to know the ins and outs.Looks like its time to build another one.Regards BRAD.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi Brad

I totally understand your point of view.

Look forward to racing you again.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
BYATSUYS

Post by BYATSUYS »

Hi Mark.Just wondering about the track wiring.Will I have to swap iead wires over?Thanks.BRAD.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Brad ,... NO, it's Wired 'Correctly' :) :D Same as LTP, SSME etc
BYATSUYS

Post by BYATSUYS »

Great stuff.Thanks Stoo.