Lamenting the Loss of HSC

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
stoo23

Lamenting the Loss of HSC

Post by stoo23 »

I don't know about everyone else that used to Race there,.. But I have REALLY been missing and Lamenting the Closure and Loss of HSC recently.

It isn't Just the Lack of the Great Regular racing we all had there, but is Particularly the ability to just 'Drop In' and Purchase the various 'Bits & Bobs' you might need,... or to perhaps do some Testing or Try a New Car etc,.. let alone meeting up with and having the general Social interaction and regular Great racing with all the 'Usual Suspects' that would turn up to race, as well as having a bit of a 'Natter' with James,... :)

For myself, as well as Others I would imagine, it was also HSC's Relative Proximity to where I/We lived.
Whilst it Was still a reasonable Distance from me, it was a Fairly Easy Drive on the M1 to get there.

Without HSC, My 'Options' to Race or Test are really quite Limited, as far as Distance and / or availability etc goes.
With 'Specific' regard to the Style of 1/24th scale cars I Have and enjoy Racing, there is currently Only SSME at Luddenham and Show Us Ya Slots at Lemon Tree Passage.

From where I live, Both of them are a Damn Long Drive and SSME is Not really a Commercial Raceway, with Only limited Races etc and Realistically carries No 'Stock' of parts as such.

I guess it has just been a recent desire to Test and compare a couple of Cars as well as Trying out The Brushless Motors and Setups that has brought the Tracks Loss into slightly Sharper Focus as it were,.. Let alone it also (for myself), being My Childhood Slot Racing Home Track and where I initially Met some of the Long Time Slotting Friends and Compatriots that I have Known and Raced with over my Life and in Some Cases,.. Still DO !! :)

One can also perhaps 'Lament' the fact that Kim Axton Opened his New Raceway SO Far Up the Coast,.. and NOT in a Region closer to Sydney LOL

I guess at least the Old HSC tracks have remained in the Ownership of a Sydney Racer/Enthusiast so we may eventually be able to race on them at some stage in the (Hopefully) not too distant future :)
Greg Erskine

Re: Lamenting the Loss of HSC

Post by Greg Erskine »

+1

Never knew about Lemon Tree Passage until you mentioned it recently.

Have you heard from Joe?
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Greg,.. No,.. I Haven't but I think Others May have :)
I believe James even made it Out to Luddenham for an Event as well, which is Great to hear :)

Yeah,.. Lemon Tree Passage IS a wee bit of a Drive up the Coast but is a Keenly 'Run' and well stocked centre, with the tracks from Pendle Hill.
Many of us are heading up there this weekend for a fairly serious Flexi race !!

Darryl & Fox are going along with myself and Kim Axton and a few of His local Racers are coming down along with a few Others from 'Here & There' :)
See here; http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1680
Wayne Walker

Post by Wayne Walker »

Hi Stoo
Great to see the forum up and running again
Yes it is a shame HSC has closed and you do not realise what we had until it has gone.
That being said I only just competed in my 50th Retro Can Am race at SSME with a win
I only hope we can keep the hobby going in Sydney
Also word on the street is the flat track from HSC should be up and running by the end of March
hope you can make it down for some racing
Thanks again for all the work to get the forum back online again
Hope to see you soon
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey :)
Great to hear from you Wayne !!,... You are starting to Win just a bit too much my friend :),.. Well done !!!

Yeah,.. I too have heard (from both Garry J & Mark about the Imminent finish of the 'Flat Track' at Ron's,.. Very much looking forward to it !!
I did happen to Notice this pic, posted I believe on the HSC Facebook page. :)
Looking Good !! Pus I believe it has been Re-Wired so it will Match the Power format of All other tracks here, so No More changing of Lead Wires :)
312084493_1607965776304203_6305176754492300729_n.jpg
312084493_1607965776304203_6305176754492300729_n.jpg (129.84 KiB) Viewed 969 times