Looks Like HSC is Almost Done

Somewhere to discuss Other Classes, Races & All Round General 'Stuff' NOT covered by the other Categories.
jcol56

Looks Like HSC is Almost Done

Post by jcol56 »

Just got off the phone with the landlord and it looks like the proposed sale is happening, the minimum operating time left is 6 months or if the sale and submission of plans to council holds up proceedings: a year at the most.
No way I can keep operating with the amount of rent being charged for a comparable space being 5X what I am paying right now.
So, enjoy it while it lasts!

Thanks for your patronage over the last 50+ years!
James.
SlotBaker

Re: Looks Like HSC is Almost Done

Post by SlotBaker »

Wow, that's terrible news...
:cry:
Steve King
neiljb

Post by neiljb »

Very sad.
It’s been part of my life since I went to school just down the road from the centre.
I hope he last Australia Day Classic is a big one.
Neil
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

YES Niel,.. Like yourself perhaps, I started going there when in Primary school in the late 1960's. So many Great memories,...

Started Club racing there and even worked behind the counter on Sundays for a while,.. has been a Very Big part of My Slotting Life !!!
This will be a GREAT LOSS to All, let alone to Australian Slotting History and a Very Sad and Unfortunate situation for James !!!
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Very bad news.

Hope everybody comes to the last few months of racing as it is highly possible that being blokes we will never see one another again.

Personally I am totally gutted but it is probably only a fraction of what James is going through.

Cheers
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
dtslot

Post by dtslot »

Hi all, Well this is the news that we all dreaded. and especially James.
Looking forward to the ADC and hope we get a good turn up,,, and for what ever racing at Hornsby we have left !!
Thanks James,, for keeping the track going for as long as you have,,,,,we know it has been a struggle for you for a fair while now.
Thanks ,,Darryl