Please Ask The Question

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
brady

Please Ask The Question

Post by brady »

You know gents,I can't help myself.I refer to the post's in HSC 4hr Enduro about blokes wanting to race full brackets 'cause they ain't no good on black.The reasons for this are many.Setup,Driving Skill or whatever. Now,I DID NOT come by the trophys on my shelf after 5mins of racing.I had to learn the hard way.I had to practice while I raced and man didn't I piss some people off.And you know what,It didnt deter me one little boody bit.If you ask Dale,Wayne,Cody,Foxy,Stoo and others how many questions I've asked them over the years they would say faaaaaaar to many.I could go on but my best advice is,if you want to have a bit of success while having fun is to ASK or LISTEN when advice is OFFERED.Then you may find gutter lanes aren't so bad.That little flat track was built to test you,and thats what it does.I hope this will inspire more of you to come race and Learn with us.Rregards Brad.
neiljb

Re: Please Ask The Question

Post by neiljb »

Good advice Brad
Returning to Slot Racing after a 30 year break, I needed help. You and many others were very patient with me.
Cheers
brady

Post by brady »

Yeah Neil.We all pick things up in different ways and time.You cant keep doing the same thiing if it dont work.Its no good perserving and not being happy and its no good blaming the track.If others go allright and your not something needs to change.We cant all win but you can have a very enjoyable race that makes you think all that time and money is worthwhile.Anyhow if anybody asks Im always happy to pass on whats been passed onto me.At least were trying to preserve our little pastime by doing so.Regards Brad.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

OnYa Brad, could not agree more :D

It drives me crazy :cry:

We (the current bag of racers) will give all our knowledge and any amount of time to anybody that asks or even hints ;)

We can't however supply effort and passion - you need to bring that with you :roll:

Bring your passion, we will supply knowledge and your effort will be focused at the very least - if you want it :|
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

I was very fortunate to have a good teacher, and right away I was winning races, but I have always been the one to go around to the other racers and look and ask to see what they are using or to see what they were doing different that’s how I evolved as a racer and a builder and what I found which helped me was trying to race a lot of different cars from scalextric to group 7 and racing against other people and travelling overseas to learn from the best, and I have always been the one to help others out with their equipment and giving advice on driving to try and make the competition more fierce and a lot closer racing
brady

Post by brady »

You must have thought you were fighting a losing battle at times with me Wayne! But your right.The last couple of years Ive gone Scalie racing and I reckon its the best Driver Training you can get.I dont win nothin but man I have a ball with them and the guys are great.And Foxy is spot on to EFFORT & PASSION not a 5min fix.Thanks for backing me up guys I feel better for writing the post now.Look forward to asking yuz a heap of questions at the 4hr.Regards Brad.
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

Brad sorry I forgot to write Cody at the bottom of the post but no he would’ve never felt like that
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

I knew it was Cody 8-)
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
brady

Post by brady »

Thanks Cody.Looking forward to the race tomorrow.See you all there.Brad.