HSC Retro Coupe Rnd 2

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
stoo23

HSC Retro Coupe Rnd 2

Post by stoo23 »

First up, once again, thanks must go to both James and Wayne for running the 'Event'.

I must admit, I think I was having difficulty taking the evening too seriously,.. :( ,..although, to be honest, once again, it WAS a very pleasant evenings Slot Car Fun, with some pleasant people. :D

In Total there were 5 Starters, being Fox, Dale Anderson and Myself, with young Declan and his Dad Guy turning up to have a 'Run' as well.

Dale once again proved the worthiness of his 'typically' consistent driving, by taking the lead from the first bracket onwards, with Fox and myself swapping places in the middle brackets, until Fox's inherent speed and inconsistent driving by myself, sealed the positions, with Dale ending the convincing winner with 335 laps, Fox 2nd with 328 laps, myself 3rd with 319, with Declan on 280 and Guy with 256.

As both Declan and Guy have Really only raced Scalextric, (apart from their Retro appearances), there Was a bit of a Speed/experience difference, But they Both drove well and certainly Seemed to enjoy the event,..I think Both of them 'Enjoying' the Nice 'Handling' these cars offer, compared to magnet Scalextric :D

From the consistently 'Dwindling' numbers and poor attendances at the more recent 'Rounds', one must have to suggest it does Not 'Bode well' for the healthy continuation of the class.

As can be 'noted' elsewhere, there is Now a 'Revised' Calendar for Aussie Retro, see Here: http://forum.ascra.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Guess we will have to see what 'Evolves' attendance wise from here on.
Perhaps with the 'Revised' schedule, some of the others that occasionally Race Retro's may be able to attend.

Fox took some Pictures, which either He or I will post later on.

Cheers,
Stewart
Mark Fox

Re: HSC Retro Coupe Rnd 2

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi - here a few shots of this round.
Attachments
Podium Faces - Left to Right<br />Mark Fox 2nd, Dale Anderson 1st and Stoo Amos 3rd.
Podium Faces - Left to Right
Mark Fox 2nd, Dale Anderson 1st and Stoo Amos 3rd.
IMG_3062.JPG (72.75 KiB) Viewed 11656 times
Podium Chassis - Left to Right<br />Mark Fox 2nd (Fox Chassis), Stoo Amos 3rd (Amos Chassis) and Dale Anderson 1st (RGeo/Wayne Bramble<br />Chassis)
Podium Chassis - Left to Right
Mark Fox 2nd (Fox Chassis), Stoo Amos 3rd (Amos Chassis) and Dale Anderson 1st (RGeo/Wayne Bramble
Chassis)
IMG_3059.JPG (65.3 KiB) Viewed 11658 times
Dale's beutifully detailed winning entrant - paint by Wayne Bramble - OOP'S - Correction here as the body was painted by Racer X I am informed.
Dale's beutifully detailed winning entrant - paint by Wayne Bramble - OOP'S - Correction here as the body was painted by Racer X I am informed.
IMG_3057-1.JPG (89.19 KiB) Viewed 11656 times
Starting lineup chassis shots: - Left to Right.<br />Dale Anderson, Mark Fox, Stoo Amos, Declan Russell and Guy Russell.
Starting lineup chassis shots: - Left to Right.
Dale Anderson, Mark Fox, Stoo Amos, Declan Russell and Guy Russell.
IMG_3055.JPG (67.73 KiB) Viewed 11658 times
Starting lineup: - Left to Right<br />Dale Anderson, Mark Fox, Stoo Amos, Declan Russell and Guy Russell.
Starting lineup: - Left to Right
Dale Anderson, Mark Fox, Stoo Amos, Declan Russell and Guy Russell.
IMG_3054.JPG (68.75 KiB) Viewed 11655 times
Practice before race - Left to right we have: - Declan Russell, Stoo Amos, James Colefax, Guy Russell, and Dale Anderson.
Practice before race - Left to right we have: - Declan Russell, Stoo Amos, James Colefax, Guy Russell, and Dale Anderson.
IMG_3045.JPG (69.03 KiB) Viewed 11657 times
Last edited by Mark Fox on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"
John G

Post by John G »

Hi guys. I have a question: Looking at the photos I noticed the crown gear on the right hand side of some cars and on the left hand side of others. Don't the motors all run best the same way? ie clockwise or anti clockwise?
John G.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hi JohnG,..welcome to the Forum,
Surprisingly, even though, when 'Eye-balling' the Internals, it Looks like there Should be just a wee bit of advance,..it would appear that it Makes 'Nary' a difference at all !!

The arms themselves have No Timing as such, and when 'Run Up' on a Power supply show No Discernible difference !!??

Go Figure.

There Could be arguments given re Torque about the axle etc, for different coners etc,...

I'm just sticking with the direction PlaFit run the Motors in,..as has Dale, Mind you On Mabuchi's site, it suggests they Go the Other way!!?? As Mark Fox has his car setup.

This is Only with the Cheetah!!,..I can Not say for the Other PlaFits as I have No experience with them.

Falcon 7's Are timed and are Marked with a direction of Rotation.

Cheers
Last edited by stoo23 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Thanks for 'Posting' the Pics Mark,... :D
SlotBaker

Post by SlotBaker »

Well done guys.
Thanks for posting report Stoo, and photo's Mark.

Good to see Dale's car is still competitive, being the first ever Aussie Retro race winner and all.

What gears do the Coupes run?
:)
Steve King
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Gears ???,...SHOULD there be a Difference ?? :D :D :D

Actually, lately, Hutcho, Fox and myself have been running ratios like 8/27,..9/30,.. 9/28 etc.

I thought I had a 'dodgy' pinion at the previous round, especially after trying a few Crowns,..but it seemed to provide a very 'sweet' mesh last round at 8/27,..so I guess the crowns were dodgy,..lol

Personally, I have found with my last chassis, that it Does 'respond' well to running a 9, as it smooths out the corner exits somewhat :D
Mikey B

Post by Mikey B »

Hey Mark, are you sure that Dale's body was painted by Wayne B? It has "Racer X" on the side...
Mikey.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Hi Mikey!!

Somehow I think you are Correct,..I had only recently seen that Myself,.. :D

Ooops,.. :oops:

Apologies to RacerX,..Great Looking Bod btw !!

PLUS it is on the MR fprum under his name.
Mark Fox

Post by Mark Fox »

Hi All

It seems I may have incorrectly attributed the fine paint detail on Dale's car in the photo caption above.

I have edited the caption - apologies to Racer X.

Thanks Mikey.
Regards - Mark 8-)

"Do Less with More Focus"