Bull Ring

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
brady

Bull Ring

Post by brady »

Hello Gents,Just been spying Pagey's new track in Shell Harbour.Now thats what I call a home track.But best of all its a great looking Retro track.I know this year is full up but man we gotta get on it next year.With the owners consent ofcourse.8 lanes,48 meters and plenty of corners it also comes with a proper surface.Check it out on the new Aus Model Racers forum.Let us know your thoughts.Regards BRAD. PS messages recieved Stoo and thanks.
stoo23

Re: Bull Ring

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Brad, (Messages 'Noted' :) )

Yes, one would Have to suggest, that as far as 'Home Tracks' go, it is certainly almost in a 'League of it's Own',.. :lol:

Personally though, am Not so Sure about it being a Great Retro Track as such,... as it Does have some rather Tight Turns at various points around the Lap. I guess one would really Have to have a Drive to ascertain the fact.

It Does appear to be a Very Nicely Built and Finished track though !!

For those that may be interested, there is a 'Build Thread', (with heaps of Pics) over on the relatively New "Australian Model Car Racing Forum".
See Here;
http://ausmcr.com/forum/index.php?/topi ... ck-build/&

It is also where this Years 1/24th scale MCN will be held. Details Here;
http://ausmcr.com/forum/index.php?/topi ... nals-2018/

The other concern I have with regard to Retro, is also partly due to Traction etc, being a Home track and it being owned by someone who does Not actually race Retro's, am unsure whether a suitable arrangement/situation could be arranged. Guess it could be 'Discussed' at the upcoming HSC Model Car Enduro though.
neiljb

Re: Bull Ring

Post by neiljb »

I'm in.
I think a STR style car would be fun. F1 and CanAm. No Retro Hawks.
Neil