An evening at Plucka's new track at Ingleburn.

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
hutch--

An evening at Plucka's new track at Ingleburn.

Post by hutch-- »

I went with Mark Fox and Stooo last night to have a first look and play at Paul's new track at Ingleburn. Trip out on the expressway was no big deal apart from going in peak hour. The track is new and was build by Peter (Area3) with Paul doing the painting of the surface and wiring along with the electronics for lap counters etc ...

The result is very good and the track is a lot of fun to drive, my own cars are a bit sensitive to track surface as I am using very hard rubber front tyres yet I had no problems at all as the track is very smooth and accurately routed. The contact and power were reliable and with the spray goo combination that Paul uses in conjunction with the track surface, the traction was excellent without bogging the cars down.

Times were in line with Kingy's comments, 5.5 seconds is not all that hard to acheive with a passable retro car and with a bit of tuning to the track in terms of gearing and weight I imagine that faster times would follow.

I got to have a look at some really wild looking drag cars while I was out there. These guys are doing around half a second on a scale quarter mile so these things really hoot. Unfortunately we had to go before the Thursday night drags started but I will get to see these cars running sooner or later.

Paul has a secret weapon working with him in his better half Haley (shoot me later if I have spelt the name incorrectly) who not only know how to set up and run the track, is an expert in the stock, pricing and keeping the place running but my spies tell me she is a pretty mean hand when it come to driving as well so when retro gets up and going at Ingleburn you may have a bit of trouble keeping up.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com
WSMCR-Plucka

Re: An evening at Plucka's new track at Ingleburn.

Post by WSMCR-Plucka »

Thanks for the kind words and it was nice to see you guys enjoying yourselves on the new track.

I may have the retro car running by the weekend (I have the body i just need to paint it and then change some things on the chassis).

Oh and no biggy but its spelt Hayley, but close.

Plucka