2016 KING WILLYS 27L & OMO SERIES ~ ROUND 8 ~ OCT 8

Pontiac Jack

2016 KING WILLYS 27L & OMO SERIES ~ ROUND 8 ~ OCT 8

Post by Pontiac Jack »

Well,as some antique cowboy once said: "Some days are diamonds,some days just suck!" (Or something like that....),unless your name is Geoff,Stuart or some other little twerp whose name eludes me......
Numbers were down this round,a lot of our regulars had found other things to do. (Turns out,I should have joined them!!....)

27L

First up was 27L. Russell did the business in qualifying with a 2.162.
Bruce had abandoned his regular motor builder (BBG) and was seen lurking around the SBR pit..... :roll:
After a fairly even first bracket,Geoff and I struck troubles. Well,actually we struck each other. Meanwhile,Stuart and Bruce were having a great race,swapping the lead 5 times in 6 brackets.
Going into the last bracket,Bruce had a 3 lap break,but he was coming home on Red and Stuart was on Blue. Russell was still in the hunt 3 laps behind Stuart,but was finishing on Black.
Stuart grabbed the lead with about a minute to go and broke away to win by 4 laps.
27L.
Stuart 590
Bruce 586
Russell 582
Geoff 494
Andy 244

OMO

Russell again TQ'd. This time a 2.01 gave him top spot.
Lee Evans rocked in for OMO and Bruce went back under the track with the other Trolls. :lol:
Geoff had the legs this time,and by the end of bracket 3,had opened up an 8 lap lead. He kept taking a couple of laps out of the rest of the field every bracket and at the end had a 28 lap win over Russell and Stuart.

OMO.
Geoff 828
Russell 800
Stuart 785
Lee 639
Andy 622

Congratulations to Geoff and Stuart.

So all in all,a truly forgettable day of slotting....if your name is Andy
Have to admit,Bruce drove really well in 27L. Yes,im as shocked as the rest of you!! :o

Next month is the final round in the series and Stuart is leading both classes.
Can't wait for the big finale!!!

See you at the races!
Cheers,Andy
Bruce

Re: 2016 KING WILLYS 27L & OMO SERIES ~ ROUND 8 ~ OCT 8

Post by Bruce »

Thank God there was only 5 people racing or my result may have been different
(except beating Andy) :lol: As my motor in the previous 2 races was slowing down
I was advised by BBG to seek the assistance of SBR (not Andy) to rectify the problem. :roll:
Good advice! So the results were, I beat Andy and the little kid, Even though young Brad Verbeek
didn't race it still counts. :)
Well done to Stuart and Geoff

The little twerp :roll: