2016 KING WILLYS 27L & OMO SERIES ~ ROUND 7 ~ Sept.10

Pontiac Jack

2016 KING WILLYS 27L & OMO SERIES ~ ROUND 7 ~ Sept.10

Post by Pontiac Jack »

Before Bruce gets another dose of the sooks :roll: , I'd better post this review of last month's race....

It was the first OMO-27L round since the track refurbishment. I hadn't raced on it,and really didn't know what to expect. The new,super smooth surface was excellent,but it needed a bit more rubber on it before it could reach its full potential. As the day went on,the track got faster. It should be awesome for the next round.

27L

Russell TQd with a solid 2.15

The first heat saw a lot of slipping and sliding in the first 3 or 4 brackets. The second half of the race saw the track surface getting nice and grippy,but at the end I finished on top with 568. That was never going to be enough....
The surprise of heat one was Bruce sitting in second place at the end of the second bracket!! :o
But,then he blew up 8 laps into bracket 3 (and so did his car :lol: ) and things got back to normal.....
Heat 2 saw Stuart,Rick and Russell lay down slightly better numbers with Stuart getting the win by a single lap over Russell with Rick just 5 laps back,to take the podium spots.
The track was continuing to improve and was looking good for OMO.

27L
1st Stuart 588
2nd Russell 587
3rd Rick 582
4th. Andy 568
5th Dave 556
6th. Brad 543
7th Geoff. 522
8th Bruce 146

TQ. Russell 2.1561

OMO

Rick and Bruce decided to sit out OMO. Rick because he puffed his only motor just before we started and Bruce because he was saving all the good stuff ;) for :lol: Wayne's World :lol: :lol: :lol: (aww,God,that never gets old!!! :lol: ).
So we threw everyone into a single race.

Brad TQ'd with a 1.985,just pipping Russell by 3/1000's.

And it was Brad setting the pace at the start. After 2 brackets,he lead Stuart and myself with everyone else not fair behind. In bracket 3,Stuart hit the front and took control til the end. Russ grabbed 2nd and I finished 3rd.

OMO

1st. Stuart 795
2nd. Russell 765
3rd. Andy 706
4th. Geoff. 606
5th. Brad. 394

TQ. Brad 1.9851

So,thats it for round 7. Next round is October 8

See ya at the races!!!
Cheers,Andy