2016 Nats Results

rosco

2016 Nats Results

Post by rosco »

Hi All,

Thanks to everyone who turned up. We had a total of 31 racers participate over the weekend with many of them racing multiple classes.

Full results have been posted on our website http://www.slick7raceway.com.au/wp/resu ... s-results/

Photos will be posted to the website and facebook over the next few days.

Regards,
Ross
Slick 7 Raceway
CAB77

Re: 2016 Nats Results

Post by CAB77 »

Thanks to everyone that raced over the weekend. Overall I really did enjoy myself. Racing was close all weekend and the track was so good to race on. With 95% of records broken over the weekend.

Congratulations to all the winners.

Amateur GTP Tourer 10 Entries

This race started the tone of the weekend just nicely. With Tristan and Chelsea taking this 1 down to the wire. We had 2 parents having heart troubles in the pits watching this. Went down to the last bracket with Tristan taking the win by 1 lap.

Tristan Collie 316
Chelsea Bycroft 315
Ian Johnson 305

Lotus Tourer 20 Entries

This the biggest class of the weekend and probably the most competitive with so many different drivers capable of winning. The final had 3 drivers battling out the front. All cars were wounded from racing in the semi's so it was a tough race. Ben made it 2 years in a row as Hawk motor champion.

Ben Sclater 322
Ross Gay 321
Adrian Bycroft 319

Group F 9 Entries

This race was run as round robin and no qualifying. The lane choice was done random to spice things up. The race was close between Bradley and Chelsea. Even with all the traffic on the track Bradley drove home with a great win by 1 lap. This class was sposored by Bodies by Cody. Had bodies to 4th place which made the young ones day.

Bradley Verbeek 365
Chelsea Bycroft 364
Con Christou 355

International 15 13 Entries

This class was dominated by Russell Gale. We ran 2 finals with you Chelsea taking out the first final over Roundy. She had put up a good lap total. It just wasn't enough with Russell storming home for a comfortable win.

Russell Gale 501
Ross Gay 475
Chelsea Bycroft 475 less then a second behind Ross

LMP S16D 13 Entries

We had new bodies this year on these so the pace was so much faster then the old track record. Brad Cathcart was a whole 2 tenths under the old mark. The final started out with looking like the exsiting champion Ben was going to have his work cut out for him with Brad being right with him. Brad found him self in the wrong place at the wrong time and got some damage. Ben managed to control the race from there keeping Russell at bay.

Ben Sclater 326
Russell Gale 320
Brad Cathcart 318

GTP12 14 Entries

This class was fast. With the new HP slot car chassis getting around in blistering speed. Tristan TQ'ed with a 3.099 2 tenths under the old record. The final was lead by Tristan from start to finish. With Adrian breaking something and Ross having a motor let go. Ben ran into traffic. Tristan had a great drive to take out a very competitive class.

Tristan Collie 398
Ross Gay 387
Ben Sclater 385
Chelsea Bycroft 380 I had to add this. 1 proud dad here.

Wing 12 14 Entries

Russell showed here again how it was done. Lead the race from start to finish. The battle for 2nd was on with the rest of the field with just abut everybody having a go at 2nd.

Russell Gale 459
Ben Sclater 446
Geoff Little 440

OMO 8 Entries

Cody showed he was always going to be hard to beat in opens. Controlled this race and came home with a great win. Mudd managed to get a trophy and he was finally happy.

Cody Bramble 702
Rick Verbeek 680
Nathan Collie 675

27 Lite 17 Entries Sponsored By Balance by Beuf

With 3 finals being run it came down to being in the right race. The A final was super fast. With Roundy doing an awesome job on Black with 92 laps being the difference. After 6 brackets Chelsea was leading overall. Didn't have the best finish but still I think she raised some eyebrows.

Dan Roberts 706
Lee Evans 701
Geoff Little 699

Opens G7 11 Entries

The final started out with a hot pace between Cody Rick and Adrian. After 2 brackets they had cleared the rest of the field by 20 plus laps. Rick had a motor issue in the 3rd leaving Cody and Adrian to battle it out. That they did. This race went down to the last bracket with Cody showing his experience and composer to take the final in the last by 9 laps.

Cody Bramble 980
Adrian Bycroft 971
Nathan Collie 913

Thank you to Ken and Barb my parents with all that they do behind the scenes with out it this event wouldn't happen. Ross for all of his tech support. Jason and his whole family for his continuing help through out the year. Nathan and Carl for being there to help out before and during the event with all my slot car questions. Tamika for being my scanner behind the counter. Col for his continued support of the sport. Staying for all hours helping out with the track and people's cars. Then of coarse those that traveled. It's an effort to travel and I always appreciate the guys that can.

Hope to see you all track side soon!!
Last edited by CAB77 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
Stumpy

Post by Stumpy »

Thanks to Ken and Barb also to all that helped behind the scenes cooking and serving the food, thanks to Adrian and the rest of the crew there and all the racers that turned up had an interesting weekend
Bruce

Post by Bruce »

I too had a good time, meeting a few new people, enjoying the
food, hospitality and a race or two. Congratulations to everyone
who competed, especially Brad (the little kid) Verbeek who is an
AUSTRALIAN CHAMPION at the tender age of 10! and Chelsea who
drove very well in many classes and beat me in all of them. :lol:
Hopefully will see everybody at the Brock mid-year

Loose Bruce
mudd75

Post by mudd75 »

Thank you to Barb, Ken and Adrian for the exceptional weekend !!! It was a well organised race event. Tristan and I had an absolute ball. Look forward to the first of the QLD series held here on the 15th-17th of July.

Oh, Adrian, by the way, I need the rest of my trophy.

Cheers Mudd.
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

To Adrian,Ken and Barb
Congratulations on job well done Great weekend of racing and even better hospitality always a pleasure to be at Slick 7 Raceway in Mackay
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog