2015 NQDC Results

rosco

2015 NQDC Results

Post by rosco »

Results have been posted on our website. http://www.slick7raceway.com.au/wp/resu ... 15-results for the complete race result file.
CAB77

Re: 2015 NQDC Results

Post by CAB77 »

Thanks to all that made this weekend a success. It's still all a blur to me. Congratulations to Ben for taking out the overall.

Thanks to all drivers that traveled. Much appreciated as I know how costly it can be. I hope to see you all plus a few extras at Rocky.

Dirt Outlaw 10 Entries

We ran Dirt Outlaws as a speedway set up. A driver gets 4 heats to score as many points as possible for lane choice in the final. The Final is 1 50 Lap Dash. This racing is intense cause a mistake can cost you the race in the final. Young local kid Jayden was looking good after the heats with equal top scoring after the heats. But a crash early on and he couldn't come back. Ross lead the race from start to finish. Adrian and Ian were so close all race to take out the minor positions.

TQ Ross Gay (Fastest lap in the final)
Concourse Jason Hancock

1st Ross Gay
2nd Adrian Bycroft
3rd Ian Johnson

Lotus Tourer 17 Entries

Probably the toughest race all weekend with so many drivers on the same pace. Roundy was leading early but then trouble struck with his motor losing pace in the 4th bracket. Ross took the lead and led until 30 secs to go but the fast finishing Mudd from Thunderalley passing him with 30 secs to go. Good race by youngster Klay for making the final in such a tough field coming home in 7th.

TQ Dan Roberts 4.401
Concourse Nev Hancock

1st Nathan Collie 303
2nd Ros Gay 303
3rd Ben Sclater 299

LMP S16D 11 Entries

Ben (current Aussie 1) proving that he is the man to beat here making it 2 in a row. Col and Ben battled all race with Nathan only a lap or 2 behind all race. It came down to the last bracket which Col struck trouble handing the race to Ben. It was a 1 2 finish for the boys from Thunderalley.

TQ Ben Sclater 4.021
Concourse Col Neaton

1st Ben Sclater 318
2nd Nathan Collie 315
3rd Col Neaton 314

GTP 12 11 Entries

With Dan showing great pace with a car prepared by Evor was always going to be hard to beat. Ben showed great skill to take the win with it coming down to the last Bracket. Local Aussie 1 Ross kept the guys honest up the front to come home in 3rd.

TQ Dan Roberts 3.430
Concourse Dan (Evor) Roberts

1st Ben Sclater 372
2nd Dan Roberts 369
3rd Ross Gay 363

Wing 12 12 Entries

Roundy showed the field who was boss in this race winning by the biggest margin all weekend. The race for 2nd was close. with 5 drivers only a few laps apart most of the race. This included young Chelsea making her first Wing 12 final at a major race. Ben finished the race strong to take 2nd and Geoff did enough to finish 3rd. Well done to Con in his first race here with 4th holding off Ross in the last bracket.

TQ Ben Sclater 2.743
Concourse Ian (Evor) Johnson

1st Dan Roberts 447
2nd Ben Sclater 423
3rd Geoff Little 413

Spray 27 8 Entries

We did 2 finals with the fastest qualifiers in the 2nd Race. The first race was close between Mudd and first time 27 racer Ben being on the same lap for 3 brackets. The 2nd Race was quicker from the start. Geoff finally finishing Dan's run of wins in 27's.

TQ Dan Roberts 2.358
Concorse Geoff Little

Geoff Little 699
Dan Roberts 688
Carl Nielsen 660

Opens 6 Entries

We did 1 final with enough marshals. The final was very close for the first 5 brackets with only 10 laps between 3 cars. Then Adrian bent and started to become an extra corner. Leaving the race to Mudd and Geoff to battle it out. Mudd was leading going in to the last bracket by 17 laps. Fast finishing Geoff needed 5 more seconds to win and only finished 0.3 of a second behind. Adrian did enough to hold on to 3rd.

TQ Carl Nielsen 2.238
Concourse Carl Nielsen

1st Nathan Collie 886
2nd Geoff Little 886
3rd Adrian Bycroft 796

Overalls

With Ben being competitive in every class and having 2 wins on Saturday he takes out the win with only his 2nd visit to Mackay. Mr Mudd makes it a 1 2 finish for the boys from Thunderalley.

Ben Sclater 161
Nathan Collie 155
Dan Roberts 151
Ross Gay 145
Geoff Little 143
Col Neaton 123
Ian Johnson 121
Adrian Bycroft 118
Mick Belot 97
Chelsea Bycroft 94
Jason Hancock 94
Klay Hancock 83
Carl Nielsen 60
Con 56
Jayden Ryan 42
Karl Geisler 39
Clayton Faulks 38
Bradley Turner 13
Colin 11
Nev Hancock 9

Thank you to all that helped me over the weekend. The whole of the Hancock family all 3 generations helped me on the weekend. My mum Barb for all the hours and work she put in to feeding us I'm sure we all appreciated that. Chey and Tamica thank you for the help behind the counter and everything that you guys helped with. Thank you Jason and Ross for doing all the Facebook and Website updates.

I hope to see you all at the Nats next year.