LIGHTNING PREMIERSHIP 2 - "THE REVENGE!!" SAT 20 JUNE

Post by Pontiac Jack »

It went like this....
Friday 19th 7:45pm
Andy: "Coming down tomorrow. Any kids parties?"
Geoff: "Nup,all clear."
Andy: "Hmm...Lightning Premiership?
Geoff: "Sounds good!"

So,Geoff,Bruce,and I were joined by Timmy Tyler,and later,Paul Johnson for some quick racing action.
We kicked off with V8 Stupidcars (or Hawk7 Flexi cars).
I should point out that Timmy Tyler had dropped in on his push bike and had no slotty stuff with him. I lent him a V8 stupidcar....BIG MISTAKE!!!
Timmy took out the first race fromGeoff,me and Bruce.
Next up was Super Flexi. No spare car for Timmy so,he ran the Hawk7 Flexi again fitted with a Mercedes GTP body. Another bloody mistake!!!
Geoff just squeezed by Tim in the last bracket for the win.
Timmy had to leave,but as he did,Paul arrived. Bruce and Paul assembled a couple of Wing 12's in record time and we went racing again.
In what can only be seen as a modern day miracle,I managed to get a Group12 motor to go 8 brackets!!! (Albeit 1 minute brackets! :roll: ). I had a 5 lap lead with 2 brackets to go,but the thing was dying and had slowed to 3.2's laps. Fortunately,it lasted long enough to take the win.
We finished with 27L. At this point Geoff was leading the point score by 1 point. I was second,Tim and Bruce tied for third.
Most of our "good stuff" had been used up at the Brock,so the cars we ran happily cruised around in the 2.3 - 2.4's zone. Paulie decided not to race,so Geoff,Bruce and I set off in the decider.
I got there first from Geoff and Bruce,who by this stage was just sookin' like a total woosie :lol: :lol: :lol: .
The podium pile-up!!
These days are great fun!
1 minute brackets provide fast close racing and plenty of variety.
Hopefully,next time we can give everyone a bit more warning (16 hours probably isn't enough really! :mrgreen:

Cheers,Andy