Australian Nats Rotation

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
David R

Re: Australian Nats Rotation

Post by David R »

Redline havn't even held a state event yet & people are talking about the Nats going to Adeliade already . Maybe Redline will need to build up its local racers first , not to mention a host of other things that may need to be done before they even think about asking for the Nats. Some people are just jumping the start a bit here i think .
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

It will be 4 years before SA gets a Nats,Unless one of the other raceways Close
jazzbell

Re: Australian Ants Rotation

Post by jazzbell »

David R wrote:Redline haven't even held a state event yet & people are talking about the Ants going to Adelaide already . Maybe Redline will need to build up its local racers first , not to mention a host of other things that may need to be done before they even think about asking for the Nats. Some people are just jumping the start a bit here i think .
Not to worry about us to hold an event like this for a very long time. We have know intentions on this as our main attraction is scale racing at our club at the present time.

Our club by the way is Thunderbird Raceway,not Redline,we just have the old track. Yes we do have to build up our local racers but with a 100+ members i think we will have guy's venturing into new waters,i know I'll be. One thing it will do is bring guy's from the past back out of the wood work.

As a commercial raceway Thunderbirds has been open for the last nine years with the same owner and i know the money he's pouring into the new complex we won't be going anywhere for many more years to come. I can say we do things right what ever we set our minds on here in Adelaide,so this king track will have all the correct Timing/Wiring and plenty of track power .

regards shane a

team thunderbird
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

:!:
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
Garry J

Post by Garry J »

Forget about Thunderbird SA. The old Redline track has been painted with a a rough paint similar to Ferrodor.

Thunderbird is a 1/32 plastic car centre just finding their way into 1/24th scale sedans, they paint all their tracks with this "Micaceous Iron Oxide" stuff. Little wonder their King has been a commercial failure. Or should I say, an even bigger commercial failure than usual.
Cheers,

Garry J
dennist

Post by dennist »

Unfortunately I have to agree with Gary. The track does not have enough grip to run the high powered motors in a wing car.