wing 12 rule change

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
CAB77

Re: wing 12 rule change

Post by CAB77 »

If anything I would like to see the rules go in the other direction with wing 12's. Run more like a 27 lite class. Put limits on tires and motors used in a race. A control tire sold at the track even. Steps to limit the cost to get more people in and hooked.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

Absolutely agree with you Adrian, box 12 should have limits that relate to cost - especially motors. I expect bb to be more cost effective long term than a bronze bush. We are seeing problems now with bushes, again as I said this is not mandated that you need a BB.

So whats the difference with raceworld, well in terms of lap times in a race, I built a car for my Grandson that ran in 2.3's under race trim. Wayne has raced one in 2.2's. I expect with development (which has not yet happened) we will be running 2.1's in qual and racing in 2.2. This does put more load on the car.
rosco

Post by rosco »

I agree with Adrian on making it similar to 27L rules.

Lindsay, you say that the cars will be doing 2.1's with 'development.' I assume you mean development in track setup and ability to set your cars up for the track. If this is the case, how is this putting more load on the motors? You are changing the track and car setup to work better, making faster lap times. The load on the motor hasn't changed, it is still spinning the same speed as the voltage hasn't changed. The only bit that makes it quicker is the corner speed. Yes you will have more corner speed, but if your car is setup correctly this shouldn't have any impact on the 'load' of the motor.

As Geoff said, every other track in the country races the same class and have not had a problem and as per my previous post it will only be an issue at national event, in which if you want travelling drivers to enter your GTP12 and W12 classes you will run the same rules as the rest of the country or they simply won't enter a class they know they won't be competitive in.

Ross.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Guys,

I suspect the problem may be with the endbell oite in the latest Cahoza motors.

I raced a Brand New Cahoza motor last night (2min heats) and at the end of the race the endbell oilite had chewed out!!

Cheers,

Geoff
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

I raced a Brand New Cahoza motor last night (2min heats) and at the end of the race the endbell oilite had chewed out!!
Can only be the batch of oilites nothing to do with the track
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

So put balls in problem solved...
Wayne
brad

Post by brad »

So replace these faulty factory olites for 1/6th the cost of balls and no need to change any rules.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

I thought with the Ball races that Rocky now sells that a ball race is cheaper than a bronze bush.
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Bearings are $5.00
Proslot oilite $1.00
Slick 7 oilte $1.80 cann't guarantee supply

I always replace the can bearing in a rebuild not the case with the oilte if it shows no sign of movement/play i leave them in
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Brad,

Not sure where you went to school but $1.00 is not 1/6 of $5.00!!!! Is that how you got to buy that Merc?

Cheers,

Geoff
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

To be fair Geoff wouldnt you need to do at least a 3 year return on investment factoring the potential amount of consumables (oil) that would need to be used and the cost differential of the consumables.
brad

Post by brad »

I learnt math from my Father. He was an accountant.