1st Russell Gale 391
2nd Ray Murray 373
3rd Adrian Bycroft 358

TQ Russell Gale 3.4640

UTES

1st Peter Dimmers 275
2nd Russell Gale 269
3rd Michael Baxter 267

Congratulations to all who competed and to the winners.

Apologies to those whose names don't appear in the results as this was taken directly from M.R. forum.

Open results courtesy of Ted, Deb and Russell.

King Willy
CAB77

Re: 2014 AUSTRALIAN NATIONALS

Post by CAB77 »

I did that time for 15's and not Evor.

Other then that glad it got posted on here.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Whoops Sorry Adrian looks like I got TQ mixed up with Concourse.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

Just thought I would do a plug here - the Body I used in Grp 7 was from PA Watson - PA does great bodies - he can be contacted via the Texas slot car forum - just google Texas Slot cars and go to Slot cars of Katy.
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Thanks to FC Products for some fast motors pitty I couldn't drive better lol.

Roundy for all the other motor rebuilds.

Cody for the cool looking bodies for 15's and opens.

Thanks Russel for the race in GTP12 was an awesome race. Pitty the numbers were low in the sedan classes. Good to see some good numbers in the top classes.

Looking forward to the Brock. We need to discuss some racing rules there. Someone needs to physically write some up for Spray Goo Racing. Something all tracks can adopt and run Wing Car racing under. I count 26 drivers in the past 2 years. So any rule that can get 14 votes is the majority vote. Everyone 1 has vote is this fair? Any issue that doesn't receive the votes needed at the Brock can carry over to the forum. Any rule that someone wants added or changed etc and can't attend the Brock let someone know and we can bring it up on your behalf.

List of Drivers I have

Geoff Little
Dan Roberts
Lindsay Byron
Mick Belot
Cody Bramble
Adrian Bycroft
Rick Verbeek
Brad Cathcart
Carl Nielsen
Russell Gale
Wayne Bramble
Stuart Bach
John Fav
Trevor Tourell
Charles Rickards
Ivan Wearne
Dave Fitzgerald
Nathan Collie
Tim Tyler
Billy K
Jim Ogilvie
Lee Evans
Michael Thorby
Andy Stringer
Dave Matook

There maybe more so if I have forgotten some please let me know. I would like to see everyone have a say.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

Firstly thanks to Adrian and everyone else who used FC Products

I could not agree more with the fact there needs to be a Rule book for sprayglue racing and i will put up my hand to do a hard paper sets of rules i will give this Adrian to take to the Brock Race. Drivers can discuss the rules and change rules by vote at the Brock i can't be there so the paper copy will reflect what i think
please use the rules i do, as a starting point they will only reflect my opinion.
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

Rules,

I thought the weekend went pretty good in terms of rules and everything else actually too. (I have to put gear guards back on my chassis though)

I thought the only rule that has changed is that you cant put tire goo on the track any more :( hahaha the spray goo worked good.

What do you see as the main issues to be covered? (I think all the "goo" qualifying records need to be reset/deleted)

MT
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Overall the weekend did go alright. There was still a couple of issue that arose that wouldn't of if we had a rule book.

1. Qualifying set up.

2. Cars being thrown to drivers.

Also 1 that I'm sure that was discussed at previous Nats is applying of goo directly to wheels. I was of the understanding this wasn't allowed now that we race in spray goo.

We shouldn't have to discuss procedures as we race. There is always someone that isn't happy if we are making it up as we go. Regardless of the fact that it is what the majority wanted.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

Goo applied to wheels.

I didn't do it ... but i saw some guys go over to the track and rub their wheels on the track in the concentrated spray goo zones. That's probably going to be hard to ban as the wheels pick up goo from the track anyway.

The above practise would have the same same impact as applying goo directly and its impossible to police.... just my thoughts.

Cars being thrown to the drivers panel ... i agree banned.... laying controllers on track ... banned..

There is one that is hard to police and always cheated anyway ... and that is "working on cars" during track calls...

I think ... If the track is "out of order" ie braid up etc - then NO working on cars.
In all other circumstances its allowable.... Sure sometimes someone gets a good gain .... but its random and everyone .. can equally or unequally benefit. This also prevents the Race Director from having "individual selective" vision which sometimes occurs.

MT
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Rubbing your tires through the goo on the corners is fine. As this is the goo used on the track. Using your goo on a goo board to goo up tires prior to qualifying etc provides an advantage and can change the track conditions. If you apply a heavier goo to your tires then what is used on the track. This practice is what I would like to see stopped.

Working on cars in the pits during a track call is hard to police but only needs to be stopped if there is a track fault. I have no problem with this. That's all part of racing luck.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
evor

Post by evor »

lindsayb wrote:Just thought I would do a plug here - the Body I used in Grp 7 was from PA Watson - PA does great bodies - he can be contacted via the Texas slot car forum - just google Texas Slot cars and go to Slot cars of Katy.
Hmmm (quote).I think what he is after is one that does not require notches at the front to get the diaplane right. I noticed 4 notches in your body Lindsy, I doubt PA put them there to get the diaplane right.
Nice body but.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say here evor - are you implying PA does not do good bodies.
ozproducts

Post by ozproducts »

What Evor is trying to say is a good body should not need those little notches we do on the front edge of the body where it meets the fold in the diaplane...

Kidkaos

It ain't over till it's over
evor

Post by evor »

No, what I'm saying is because a body has notches in the front, does not mean that it is not a good body , as was implied about my Avenger Body in the Trading post.
PA, and Beuf both notch the front of their bodies, for whatever reason??
I notch the front of mine because it looks good, and because I can, not because it needs it,
PA has always done good bodies,- when learning to wing bodies, I brought 1 off PA, and 1 off Beuf, pulled them to bits to see how it was done.
Thats it.