Sad News, John Ward

In Memory of Our Slotting Friends from the Past
dennist

Sad News, John Ward

Post by dennist »

Have just heard that my mate of 40 years, John Ward, passed away suddenly at his home last night.

John and I were good friends and team mates since the 70's, both of us having a passion for both racing slotcars and playing and coaching basketball together.

We went on many slot racing trips with each other to race at Nats etc.

John and I were also involved in designing wingcar bodies for Sunsett. John's "Kaditcha" body was revolutionary in the 80's. He was an avid collector of vintage and model slotcars and recently competed in the Adelaide Grand Prix.

He will be sadly missed, I will advise funeral details.

Dennis Traeger
ozproducts

Re: Sad News, John Ward

Post by ozproducts »

Yes very sad news, John and I raced against each other many times. We only spoke a couple of weeks ago about the new style bodies, and I have some coming from Red Fox for him look at and try and improve. any way you will be missed by all.
R.I.P John
dennist

Post by dennist »

John was very keen to get back into Wing Car racing and already had a couple of quick new 27's.

We were planning on going to Melbourne to test our cars shortly and discussing what we'd need in equipment for the Nats next year, also we were talking about designing two new wingcar bodies.
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

Shocked to hear about John,

I remember running against John in the 80's. He was one of the travelling wing car racers based out of Adelaide.

Both John and Denis stayed with me in the early 90's for the Penrith Nationals.

I had spoken to Denis a few weeks ago and he was telling how keen John was to come back into Wing car racing, he had recently bought equipment to race and I am very sorry that I did not get the opportunity to catch up with him again.

He will be missed.
dennist

Post by dennist »

John's funeral will be held this Friday, November 22nd at Taylor and Forgie's Funeral Chapel, 15 Cowan Street Gawler S.A. at 1.30 pm.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Thanks for the details Dennis, I would have loved to be there but unfortunately due to work commitments won't be able to.

Do you have an address that I could send a card to?

Geoff Little
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Thanks for letting us know Dennis, sad that he's passed away at a relative early age, a blunt reminder to look after ourselves as time marches on. RIP John.
Regards

Chucky
Perry

Post by Perry »

I am very sad to read the passing of John, he was a great guy and will be missed very much.

Perry Vaggelas
Building Retro and Any Chassies, Motor True and Magnet Zapping
I just want to have Fun Again !
chadly

Post by chadly »

rip John :(
Petrol is for cleaning parts
Alcohol is for drinking
Nitro is for racing
Slotcars are for going VERY quick!