And the winner is....

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
CAB77

Re: And the winner is....

Post by CAB77 »

My motor was a Custom built 18 mag .490 from Carl. The 1 motor did the whole race no problem at all. I have attached a picture of the chassis and body I used. I have no idea what chassis it is all I know it's old steel one. Body was a Fox Head Built by Cody and was a very good looking body.

Carl's body for 27 lite was just awesome as well.
Attachments
Chassis as raced
Chassis as raced
IMG_1793.jpg (213.25 KiB) Viewed 12996 times
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

That's a Slick 7 Predator XL, hang on there seems to be a bit of a theme here!!!

27 Lite Tim Tyler Slick 7 Predator XL, Opens Adrian Bycroft Slick 7 Predator XL.

It is worth noting that I also used a "Predator" to win G27 in the 2011 Nats at King Willys (in glue) as well as third in both 27 Lite and G27 in this years Nats.

Pretty good chassis that!!!

Geoff
dennist

Post by dennist »

Thanks FC will order some as I am compiling a list of bodies and info for the local guys (who are starting from "scratch" and some have also already made some unwise purchases IMO via the net) that will work for Grp 27 and below classes.

The track is pretty similar to King Willies, I suspect it should be a bit quicker after the reburbishment.
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Write up in local paper:

SLOT CAR RACING: A Bakers Creek racer has taken out a prestigious national award that he says is like winning the Bathurst 1000.

Against all odds, Adrian Bycroft took out the slot car racing Peter Brock trophy in Melbourne earlier this month, smashing second place by 73 laps.
He was named the champion for completing the most number of laps – a total of 884 – in 40 minutes around the 48-metre electric track against 13 other drivers.
Getting to the finish line requires concentration to control the speed of the car and quick reflexes to avoid crashing into other cars, Bycroft said.
The motorised cars can go up to 150kmh but speed wasn’t the skill behind’s Bycroft win. He actually only qualified tenth fastest in the finals.
He said he made his car more durable to withstand crashes and adjusted the wheels to make them thinner to improve the car’s performance around bends.
“People are going to say it was luck but I drove well and missed crashes,” he said.
“I wasn’t the fastest car there but I stayed on the track.
“I could just do more laps than everyone else.”
The cars are equipped with wings and can become airborne and crash if they come close to another car on the racetrack.
Bycroft picked up the sport four years ago after his family acquired a shed and a slot car racing track.
“I’ve done speed racing and go karts… racing is in my blood. And I just really enjoy it and racing against these guys.”
There was no hiding the fact Bycroft was even more excited for the national win because it was not something he expected.
“If it had been a Tom Waterhouse thing to win, it would have been 100 to one.
“They have national titles every year, but this is the race to win,” he said.
He’s already practising for the Queensland titles in August.
Attachments
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (153.7 KiB) Viewed 12964 times
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Nice One!!!!
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

That's excellent!
David R

Post by David R »

What is the length of the Slick7 Predator XL chassis ? I take it XL means extra long .
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

I don't know what the "XL" stands for, but when it first came out it was not considered long. It is 4.625".
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

This will make you laugh
i ordered a 4.6 long koford 27 lite chassis for the Brock race along with some 4.3 long chassis for this raceway Floyd at Eagle told it in a drawling Oklahoma Accent the 4.6 chassis was some long by today's( US standards 4.1) God dam that needs a hinge in the middle of it!!!!! :o :shock:
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog
David R

Post by David R »

I have had one of those chassis for years . Only thing is the U shape floating pin holders at the front have been knocked out and lost at the front ( the only weakness in the chassis I have found ) . I wonder where I would get new ones , or even if is necessary for them to be floating .
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Not necessary to have them floating. It's fine with solid front body mounts.