And the winner is....

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
Timmy Tyler

And the winner is....

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Adrian Bycroft won Opens at the 35th running of the Brock Trophy last night. He drove beautifully in a tough race (aren't they all?) to win from Queensland Mick (2nd, defending champion) and Stuart Bach (3rd). Seeing the joy on Adrian's face as he crossed the line was priceless.

Congratulations Adrian, a well deserved win for a top bloke.
Last edited by Timmy Tyler on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
michael

Re: And the winner is....

Post by michael »

Thanks King Willys for another Great weekend of racing.
To all the winners well done.
Qld Mick.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey,..Way to Go,..Adrian !!!

:D

Stoo
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

:D
Last edited by CAB77 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Thanks. No one was more surprised than I was that I won the race. I had a good run for most of the final. I was never going to break any records I just wanted to finish the race something I haven't done to often in opens. Thanks Geoff for hosting the race. Thanks Carl for pitting for me in the final. Gary Fry your commitment to being a race director is much appreciated. And I can't forget Cody Bramble for the body I used.

Thanks to the Batten family for helping through out the weekend and the great food. Bruce thanks for marshalling my practising lol.

Look forward to the next race at rocky. I guess I'll start racing opens there and not be the race director.
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
Pontiac Jack

Post by Pontiac Jack »

Nice one Adrian!!
Congrats to all the winners.
(Hope you had enough room in the ute for all your trophys Russell!! :D )
Good to catch up with all the out of towners.
Thanks to Geoff for presenting another great event.
And Judy for the great food.
Special thanks to Timmy Tyler for rebuilding the 27L chassis I destroyed on Friday arvo. Brilliant car!

Cheers,Andy
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

I had an excellent time, too. It was really good to hang out with like-minded (but deranged) slot racers. The atmosphere was excellent, because everybody seemed to be enjoying themselves and enjoying the good-natured sledging and joking and general fooling around.

We are very lucky to have such dedicated people as Geoff (track owner and all-round saint of slot car racing), Stuart (technical genius), Bruce and Judy (the "infrastructure providers" of King Willys), and the racers who make the effort to chase the dream of that elusive open-class win. Like I said, I had an excellent time. I had a very nasty week at work, but a couple of days of The Brock 2013 made everything seem alright.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clear up some some confusion here and on Facebook.

The Brock Trophy Race was first held at Quickslot Raceway 39 years ago in 1974.

This years race was the 35th running of the Brock Trophy Race.

Geoff
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Thanks for a fast & furious Sunday, and apologies to anyone that I slowed whilst driving in the gutter lanes :oops:
Still more practice required or maybe I've just lost it............and thanks to Bruce B for being a generous Marshall on red during practice and also to Garry Fry for a lift back to Ferguson St saving me from a couple of k's walking in the cold and his none loved task as Race Director as he said it ain't the goo causing crashes.
On another note and this may have been done but I'll put it out there anyway, and that is we organise a page on this site devoted to listing past champions of the Aust. Nats, ADC, Brock Trophy and the Adam Miller race and the respective year they won the event.
The way I understand it in relation to the Brock is that it has been run for 35 out of 39 Years. This in itself is an exceptional achievement and I believe the history should be preserved on this site along with noting the respective raceway that held the event.
Regards

Chucky
CAB77

Post by CAB77 »

Does anyone know why the missing years???
Regards
Adrian
Slick 7 Raceway
dennist

Post by dennist »

Any car details guys? and sounds like it was an enjoyable, fun event.
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Car details for OMO and G27 are as follows.

OMO
Chassis: Alpha steel
Body: Alpha Nissan
Armature: Koford
Setup: SBR (Stuart Bach construction - the best!!!)
Arm: Koford 95

G27
Chassis: Slick 7 Predator XL
Body: TFC Phoenix
Armature: Koford
Setup: Koford

Hopefully Adrian can tell us what he used to win opens.

The long steel chassis seemed to have the best combination of speed, consistency and durability. Cody Bramble used shorter aluminium Koford chassis to produce some incredible qualifying and heat times, but they seemed to work much less well on the gutter lanes.
dennist

Post by dennist »

Tim,

Thanks for the info and congrats to Adrian on a breakthrough win. I have noticed that the major wing/flexi races have largely been won by all different people in the last few years which is good for the sport (unlike the MCN races which are dominated by very few).

What's a TFC Phoenix? Have'nt heard of that body. Anyone tried Reggie's "Royal" in Opens?

And Slick 7 Predator, that rings a bell, I used a version of that to win my last serious race, the 99 Nats in Adelaide and a Camen Mirage body which is no longer available.
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

"TFC" is Trevor and Fast Carl (Carl from Rocky). They have done some really nice bodies.

Dennis, whenever you feel like a relaxing weekend away, please come over our way for a monthly wing car race. I would be very happy to provide you with accommodation (as I have said before) and I'd be delighted to lend you cars to race with. It would be my great honour.

Regards,

Tim
FC RACING

Post by FC RACING »

HI Dennis
TFC Phonix Is an original Design made here in Rocky
Adrian also used a TFC body in 27 Lite a Mamba also an original design finishing 2nd to Tim
You can contact me by e-mail thunderdome01@dodo.com.au
or phone the Raceway on 07 49220585
if you would like to try any of our bodies
Always the Hydrant, Never the Dog