Armature wire coating

Find out HOW _ Post your slot car related questions, answers & Info' Here.
coaltrain

Armature wire coating

Post by coaltrain »

Ok so Im at it again :geek:
First it was the neodymium magnets that have smashed drag racing records all over the world
and now Im moving onto armature wire , well pretty much everything about a armature but firstly
Im hitting the wire . So here comes the question , Simple question hopefully I get a simple answer
the why will follow.
Question : How is the enamel coating applied to the wire ? and what is the preferred material ?
Why : I am getting some 99.99% pure silver commutators made and I want to finish the arm off with
some pure silver 23gauge wire . I cant seem to find any enameled coated pure silver wire anywhere in the world.
This is a project I need to finish so I can sleep at night , if you can understand , yes Im a nutter :lol:
Yes ive been told theres no advantage and all that blah blah blah stuff but I can wind arms with as low of resistance
as .017 and I know if I try I could possibly get them down to .012 but my goal is to get at least a minimum resistance
of .009 and a maximum of .005 hence the silver com and wire . Any ideas no matter how crazy or stupid would be
very appreciated .
Stoo a penny for your thoughts .
Robert K
Coal Train Racing
kingkeough@hotmail.com
dennist

Re: Armature wire coating

Post by dennist »

Had some silver wire wound armatures around 1970, so it was available then.