King Willy's Summer Series RND 3 This Sat. Feb 16

General Discussion, Race Reports & Results for this Great 'Scratch-Builders' Class.
Pontiac Jack

King Willy's Summer Series RND 3 This Sat. Feb 16

Post by Pontiac Jack »

The Grand Finale' of this years Summer Series is on this Saturday.
It's come down to a 2 way battle for this years AWESOME trophy (Hmm...I'd better get to work on that :roll: ...)
Bruce Batten and Geoff Little are in a dog fight for the title!! :lol:
Bruce has been dominating Retro F1 this year,but Geoff is picking up points in all classes. New kid,Timmy Tyler,has thrown a Spaniard into the works by taking a couple of wins at the last round :o . So it should be a close finish.
This week
Retro CanAm,Retro F1,FJ's,Formula 908 and Flexi-Hawk GT will all get a run.
Come on down this Saturday and catch the (slow motion :lol: ) action!!!
Doors open at 12 Noon. Racing starts at 1pm.

Cheers,PJ
Timmy Tyler

Re: King Willy's Summer Series RND 3 This Sat. Feb 16

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Yay! Yay yay yay yay yay!

These things are frickin' excellent. I don't know why I didn't try them sooner. My 908 is nearly finished, so I can join in with that fun as well.
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Results are here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KING-WILL ... 3541877502

What a fuckin' excellent afternoon of racing. Thanks to Andy for lending me an FJ. He walloped us in FJ's and retro Can-Am (the bastard). He set new track records in each class, too :shock: . But because I am so awesome, I gave him a flogging in the anglewinder classes, especially Hawk GT's where you shouldn't be running on-board oil tanks.

Retro F1's were decided by my car, which was Rob Ferris' car borrowed for the occasion. He builds a bloody good car, does Rob! I didn't even need to be very awesome, because Rob's car was good enough to keep me ahead of Bruce who has won the last two races.

I gotta say, the standard of banter at these races is first class. Vicious, mortally wounding, blood-letting banter. Absolutely hilarious stuff. I haven''t laughed so much in ages. On ya Andy. On ya Bruce. On ya Geoff. Best slot racing ever.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Tim,..so Glad you are enjoying racing Retro's and Especially the FUN aspect of it all !!

You Will Have to Join us Next time you are up in Sydney for a Race !!
Pity you didn't join us for the Retro race this last ADC at HSC,..the racing was Great,..as Always,..

Guess we will see you for the Scaleauto race next weekend.

Cheers
:)
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Hi Stu,

Yes, I'm very much looking forward to the ScaleAuto race. I'll bring a couple of Retro's with me to play with. If I'd known they were this much fun I would have come and raced with you sooner, although I would have got my arse kicked by Cody for sure.

Cheers.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Results:

FJ

1st Andy Stringer 106 laps
2nd Tim Tyler 104
3rd Geoff little 101
4th Bruce Batten 99

TQ: Tim 5.501

Can Am

1st Andy 134 laps
2nd Tim 132
3rd Geoff 130
4th Bruce 119

TQ: Andy 4.259

Formula 908

1st Tim 143 laps
2nd Andy 139
3rd Geoff 135
4th Bruce 133

TQ: Tim 3.996

Hawk 7 GT

1st Tim 147 laps
2nd Geoff 141
3rd Andy 137
4th Bruce 132

TQ: Tim 3.684

F1

1st Tim 124 laps
2nd Bruce 122
3rd Geoff 121
4th Andy 117

TQ: Geoff 4.534

We wait with baited breath whilst our official statistician tabulates the results (checked of course by KPMG) to find out the KW summer series champion for 2013!!!
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

:D :D :D

Hey,..Trust Me it ain't Just Cody you have to worry about !!,...

Darryl, has become Quite a force to be reckoned with, along with Brad,..and lest us Not forget young Stephanie,..who apart from beating us all at the last HSC round, also managed to set a New Race Lap Total !!!

Plus I guess,..there IS always myself too,.. ;) :) :D

Great to see you guys continuing to have good simple Fun and Great racing down there,..sadly of late my financial situation has precluded me from Any thought of interstate racing,.. :( :(

Thanks as well to you guys for 'posting' race info' and pics etc of Your racing,..have been a bit Slack of late myself in keeping the race reports etc going up here,..sigh,...

Cheers
:)