Races in Melbourne 2013

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
dennist

Races in Melbourne 2013

Post by dennist »

Despite many people looking forward to racing fast stuff again here, it looks like the King Track in Adelaide is a long way off, so frustrated with no track to practice or race on some of us here ( including "model car" guys wanting to get into wing racing) have been discussing popping across to Melbourne for races this year.

Just wondering when/where the Brock is this year, what classes, conditions (spray glue?) and any other major races that would be worth driving over for this year.
il cavalino

Re: Races in Melbourne 2013

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Dennis,

King Willys Racing schedule for 2013 is posted on this forum in the "Upcoming Races" section.

We are racing 27 lite on the second Saturday of the month together with either Wing 12 or OMO.

We race on a Saturday afternoon with racing kicking off at 1.00 pm.

The "Brock" will be held at King Willys over the June Long Weekend.

Hope to see you at some of our races.

Geoff
dennist

Post by dennist »

Geoff,

Did'nt you have the Brock in 2012, I thought it was 'rotated".
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Dennis,

If you want to come over to Melbourne for any of these races I would be very happy to put you up for a night or two. My house is conveniently located on the Western Highway, and it would be my very great pleasure to take you down to the raceway for the day (and drink beer with you in the evening).

It's worth the trip: Geoff's track is now world class, as is the competition. Every single race is like a national championship when you line up next to Geoff, Rick, Rob, Russel, Stu, and God knows how many other former (and current) National Champions.

Do it. You know it makes sense.
dennist

Post by dennist »

Timmy,

Thats a great offer, usually we are at the track most of the time, somewhere to sleep and have a shower can save a lot of $. Half the fun of racing is catching up with old friends and being able to talk about common interests. Hope you have Coopers in Melbourne.

I've heard a rumour of a new King track in Sydney.

BTW Whats the story with Mobile Raceways?
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

Yes, we have Coopers. Coopers is a Good Thing. Mind you, don't let that stop you from bringing some of your own to share around!

I haven't been over to Mobile Raceways in quite a while (not least because I've had a bit of a lay-off until recently). Is there anything for there to be a story about? In any case, I'm very much enjoying what's been happening at Geoff's place recently. It's really nice having some of the "oldies" back. Also, Stu Bach has done lots of excellent detail work on the track, so that it is probably as good as it's ever been.
Pontiac Jack

Post by Pontiac Jack »

G'day Dennis,as Tim and Geoff have said,the wing car racing at King Willy's excellent these days. Full fields and close competitive racing in a friendly atmosphere. 27L has really shaken things up over here in the last 2 years. It has brought a lot of guys back to the track.

MR has sold the Kingleman to a new place in Penrith,NSW and they have just purchased an old Axton track which is getting a complete make-over. This will mainly be used for scale and retro stuff. Not sure what their wing car program will be this year. I'm sure there will be some wing racing,but I think they are going to concentrate more on Flexi based stuff on both tracks.

Cheers,PJ
dennist

Post by dennist »

Thanks for the info guys. It's good to see a cheaper class (27L and OMO) being successful.

I think a number of racers got a bit disillusioned with open wingcars many years ago (and gave up)when some people started the "motor for every heat" , pretty silly really, not many of us could not possibly afford that, the most I ever had for a Nats in the old days was 3.

Still wondering - is there a "Brock rotation agreement" between the 2 tracks there?
dennist

Post by dennist »

OK I won't ask again.

BTW - What classes are being run at the Brock?
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

dennist wrote: BTW - What classes are being run at the Brock?
Dancing classes.
dennist

Post by dennist »

Timmy,

I'll bring my ballet shoes, hope you have been training. I bet the tights are getting tighter.
Timmy Tyler

Post by Timmy Tyler »

dennist wrote:I bet the tights are getting tighter.
Yes, but at least I have been waxing my legs. It's such a bad look when you have hairs poking though the tights...
RACER X

Races at King Willy's 2013

Post by RACER X »

Hi Racers,

I’ve never seen so much dancing around a subject, EVER!!!

Dennis, Yes there is a rotation system.

Geoff, all you had to do is ask, THANKS!!!
Get out there and have fun...!
Image Racer X
dennist

Post by dennist »

Racer X - thanks, so its 2 years in a row at King Willies.

Timmy, waxing?

More "Brazillians" racing in Melbourne this year!
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hello Peter and all slotters,

I am loathe to rehash the events of 2012 re: the Brock/Aust vs. the world. It is on this forum for all to see! To me it was a low point in my 40 odd years of slotting.

Due to his behaviour I cannot continue the agreement to rotate the Brock with PVH.

M.R. is welcome to run Aust v the World or Mr Slotcar Titles in October and you have my word that I will NEVER attempt to run a race in opposition to it.

The Brock will be run at King Willys on the June long weekend!

Geoff