Uncle Sam is coming.

Aussie Wing Car Racing General Discussion, Information & Results.
ozproducts

Uncle Sam is coming.

Post by ozproducts »

Ok , the yanks are coming down under to race with you guys. You have read about these guys for years,now come to the Brock this year and you can race along side them and test your skills. There is about 6 to 10 of them coming. Even if you just race in the OMO and watch on Sunday,you will learn a lot.What i suggest you race is 841/2 .490dia 18deg with camen reg springs in a 20 or 24 mag setup. These parts can be brought from Peter Van H, from June Place your order soon as there is only a small hand full for sale. This is what i will be racing, one in OMO and #??? in Opens, Koford big hub WX or WXX not sure yet until the day. If you have any questions you can call me on 0423051029,Gary Johnson will be race director all weekend on his new system ???????????????? Hope to see you all at the BIGGEST RACE ever held in Australia this year.
Wayne Bramble
Last edited by ozproducts on Fri May 13, 2011 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
il cavalino

Re: Uncle Sam is coming.

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Wayne,

We all can't wait to race against people of the ilk of "Beauf" and given the superb organisational skill of Peter VH the Aust vs. Rest of the World is sure to be a success, but some would dispute the tag of the "Biggest Race Ever".

In terms of numbers you couldn't go past the 1993 Nats at Powerhouse Raceway with 40 plus entires in each class and I am sure there were plenty of events in the sixties with even more entries.

Also this is not the first time overseas visitors have raced in Australia. Paul Pfeiffer and our friend Jose Mario Serra have raced regularly in Aust Nats. Others that come to mind are Vlado Okali ,Reggie Corum, Stan Omohundro, John Pierce, Greg Remarez, Jose Mario's brother (his name escapes me at the moment, and Joseph (Cahoza) Dave Gick, Paul Delatare, Chris Radisich and of course Gill Andrews.

Geoff L.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Well,..I'd have to agree, purely on numbers,..lol

Mind you the race at Gary J's at Penrith when Reggie came out was,...'Pretty Big' numbers wise as I recall, in all classes as well,..(Gary can probably quote real numbers) and I have sure been to some Big races in Victoria, at Moonee years ago and at Quickslot and Many large field races at G&D, but I guess like this upcoming race, it IS a Pretty Big 'Deal' and arguably Important race,..as we Haven't Ever really had Many Real "Pro" 'style' racers a-la the past visit this country, 'en-masse',..for a RACE.

There has been the 'odd visit' by some overseas racers, but Never for Such an organised and serious race.

Regarding numbers, I am sure Wayne, Fox and Lindsay can also remember one Particular Australian Championship race at G&D, when it was above the Mick Simmonds store, which had more than 136 entrants !! (It was All just one class back then,..OPENS!!,...lol).
I MUST try and accurately get the numbers on that one, as I think it Was and probably Still is to this day the Largest number of entrants we Ever had for a race.

I think I started in the 'D' or 'E' Consie !!,.. :shock: :lol: :lol:

I'm thinking of attending,..just to have a look and a yarn with some old friends,.. :)
dennist

Post by dennist »

I reckon Dave Smith's "Slot Racing Revival" meet at Slotz in Sydney around 1977 had over one hundred entries in Opens( & $1,000 prizemoney in those days).

Dave certainly promoted and motivated racing in Australia with his magazine etc back then.
stoo23

Post by stoo23 »

Hey Dennis,... :)

What synchronisity,..I was discussing that Same fact only a few days ago!,... :)

Cheers
Koford1

Post by Koford1 »

Great race last year, what's happening this year :? Will the Bramble P/R Machine be gathering numbers whilst in the US???
Regards

Chucky
dennist

Post by dennist »

Charles,

I asked the same question on the Mobile Raceways Forum, Peter said he was not promoting it until after the Brock, but still nothing - does'nt look like it will be like last year.
fast_mick

Post by fast_mick »

Hi guys

Does anyone have an update for this years event?

michael
lindsayb

Post by lindsayb »

I understand this is still on,

The only details I know of a on the MR website.

I would like 27 lites pushed to a later time so I can fly in on Saturday - but thats just me.
il cavalino

Post by il cavalino »

Hi Lindsay,

The next 27 Lite race at King Willys is on Saturday 20th October, does that suit you better!!!!

Geoff